5 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠, 𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑚𝑒

𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒
𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠, 𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑚𝑒

spring of '19

Rory had got to school that morning, not knowing that her best friend of five years had spread around that she was having sex with Rafe. The more accurate words going around were "Rory was Rafe Cameron's booty call". And it had been happening for months now. Well, that's what everyone else's story was. She would have been okay if all the girls were not commenting on her appearance because of jealousy, or slut shaming her. Although what they did not know was that she had never done any of that stuff.

There was also a picture of Rafe's truck at her house— from the same day her "best friend" passed her house. And the obvious reaction of everyone would be that it was for a midnight hookup. Who would believe that Rafe Cameron was actually friends with a girl like her?

It was especially hard when a girl— Macy? She wasn't sure what her name was— walked up to her during lunch, giving her own thoughts on what was being spread around. "Do you pay him?" She snickered and looked behind her at the other senior girls. They were also smirking and giggling at her. "I really don't think you're pretty enough for him to fuck you for free."

Rory could feel her chest becoming heavy and had to swallow the tears down. Her eyes were already getting teary, and she was blinking rapidly to get them to go away. She probably looked even more stupid doing that. "I mean, look at you." Macy continued and reached out, flicking her in the cheek. Her nose was scrunched up in disgust.

She just stared at her, swallowing down the lump in her throat. Saying something to a girl like her would not change how she was, she was always going to be a mean girl. She chose to act like whatever she was saying did not hurt her. But it was truly breaking her heart. "And your skin? It's pale with all these freckles. It's not even cute, Aurora." Macy grabbed a piece of her hair around her finger, yanking a little. "So tell me, how the hell did you get him to do you?"

"Come on, Macy." A blonde girl behind her grabbed her arm. "I think she's mute, anyways. Maybe Rafe likes them quiet." Her hair was yanked another time, but hard enough for Rory's head to go forward with it. She gaped at the girl and slapped her hand away, finally releasing it.

"What the hell!" Rory looked over to see Rafe making his way toward them, his expression malicious as he stared at the girls. Macy looked frightened for a half second but straightened up with a smirk. "Hey, Rafe. We were just saying hi to Aurora."

Rory was finally over it. She left her lunch on the table and walked fast toward the doors and pushed them hard to get inside of the school. She did not look back to see if Rafe was coming after her but did not expect him to at all in the first place. Tears were already rolling down her cheeks, but she did not notice because of the urgency she had to get to the bathroom. She just wanted to be away from it all— the girls, the boys, the teachers, even Rafe.

The bathroom was vacant when she got inside, so she leaned against the sink and silently cried. Everything felt like it was shutting down, and she just wanted to go home. There were so many wasted years of trusting Ginny. Now, she was put in a place of insecurity and she did not feel beautiful at all.

The door swung, and Rory quickly wiped her cheeks with the back of her hands. It was Rafe, standing in front of her, wide eyed. "I couldn't find you." It was the first thing he said, and there was a deeper meaning behind. One that said he wasn't going to leave her alone. "Are you okay?" He asked and stepped forward, standing in front of her.