22 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑖 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑜𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑛

𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑠 𝑎
𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑖 𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑜𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑛

summer of '19

                  Rory was supposed to be working a double, but instead was cleaning up after Hurricane Agatha had hit. The sky was a clear blue, and the trees swayed from the wind— she had to help take down the boards from the windows up at the Wreck and put everything out that put up. Kie was rushing around, apparently she had to go with the boys somewhere. They seemed to alway have something planned at the worst of times, but other than that, she could tell something else was bothering the girl.

                    "Everything alright, Kie?" She asked, placing the salt and pepper shakers out on the tables.

                      She looked over at her, fast to put a smile on her face. She unstacked the chair that was on top of the others and then turned to face her fully. "Yeah, just stuff with John B. With his dad being gone, and his Uncle T not actually being here is screwing things up. I'm really worried that he's going to have to go into foster care, and if he does, where will he go? Will we ever see him again?" She sighed and sat down on the chair that she had took down, looking outside.

                     "I'm sure it will all work out. John B is the type to get out of things, especially something like this." She assured her and watched Kie's dad walk by.

                      She nodded at her. "Yeah. The hurricane was a good distraction from it all, got the social worker and cops off his back for awhile. But there's only so much time before they remember."

                     Rory frowned and nodded, not saying anything as she put the last stuff out. She went beside the girl, helping her take down the chairs and put them back at the tables. She finished when she had the tables wiped down, and the napkins and condiments placed back at the tables. Kie looked down at her phone and sighed. "Well, I'm going to get. Thanks for the help. Me and the boys are going fishing. Nothing like fishing after a hurricane." She winked and left, her dad watching her from behind the bar.

                    He shook his head and then smiled at her. "Nothing I can do about that, can I?" He asked, not really expecting an answer. She didn't give him one, just looked at him and shrugged. "Nothing but trouble she puts herself in. Wish she was like you. I don't think I've heard of Rory getting into any trouble." He winked at her, similar to the way Kie had just done.

                   "No trouble that I can think of." Rory laughed.

                      "Well, we can't open today. Some of my cooks are out, damage to their houses they need to get taken care of. You're free to go. We'll open back up on Monday." He came around the bar and then patted her shoulder. "Thanks for the help, kid."

                      Rory waved at him and left, walking out to her jeep. Lily was in her car, parked beside her with her window down. She had one of those smiles, one where she knew she was about to beg her to do something she didn't want to do. "Hey, Rory." She wiggled her eyebrows at her, thrumming her fingers against her steering wheel. "What are you doing the rest of the day?"

She rolled her eyes at her friend's attempt at being subtle. "Apparently whatever you have planned for us."

Lily laughed. "Well, that was easy. Anyways, there's going to be a party at the Boneyard later. We're going." She explained and fidgeted with something in her car.

Rory nodded. "Another party? Great." She sighed, knowing she would go anyways. She really didn't like being home, even though her dad hadn't been home in some time. "What time is it?" She asked.