small packages

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

There's a knock on the door as I abruptly stand up from the couch. Which by the way, I couldn't get a wink of sleeping on.

I look through the viewfinder on the door and open it to see a package. I open the door and pull the package in.

I read the note on the outside, from momma LB

I smile and open the package. I see the arrowheads individually wrapped and I chuckle. I miss her so much. It's such a Momma Laura thing to do

I slide the wraped arrow heads and bases out of the box. I drop them on the ground by the door and I see something wrapped in tissue paper towards the bottom of the box. I go to my knees to see what it is. I set the box down and flip over the flaps of tissue paper covering it. I see the oh so familiar green and black vest.

I fall to my butt closing my eyes as I feel my throat tighten.

I run my hand along the cloth. Grabbing the small piece of paper

Figured you needed a little good luck. Natasha would want you to wear this.

I run my hands down my face dropping the note on the ground. "What's that?"

I quickly close the box and say "My mom sent the trick arrowheads from home."

"Oh dope. Can I see them?"

I push the box of arrowheads to her but firmly hold onto the box with the vest in my arms.

2018:

Nat smiles to me and says "We're so close. Tony is working on the time travel machine, the suits are being made now. Everyone's getting ready. We're getting the family back." She smiles to me. I nod and say "This isn't going to be an easy mission."

She narrows her eyes at me and says "You scared?"

I shake my head and say "No.. of course not."

She squeezes my hand as we watch the others bicker as they eat their chinese food. "It's okay to be scared, I am too."

I look to her and say "Really?"

She nods and says "We're so close. We just have to do whatever it takes to bring them back."

I nod and say "Whatever it takes."

She smiles to me and says "Come on, I want to show you something."

She pulls me up the stairs and into her room. I look around, it's the same as it's always been. Simple but full of little memories in knick knacks and pictures. She opens her closet door and says "You need something to wear when you're heading off with Steve and Tony. So, you're gonna wear this!"