CHAPTER FIVE

Pat informed us that our neighbors, Oliver and his crew, would be at a restaurant on the water five minutes from here. That gave Anna the bright idea of going ahead with our "date" idea. We were both excited, because aside from the fake dating, we were becoming pretty close friends. It's been a wild week and a half and was filled with us getting to know each other better. There were some kisses, but only when we caught Oliver walking down the beach, or at our volleyball game on Tuesday. Other than that, we refrained from what happened in the bathroom that night.

Anna barges into the room in her usual fashion. In her hands she's holding two boxes of hair dye.

"What are you doing with those?" I ask her, glancing up from my book.

"Well, I know you said you missed having red hair, so I found this really cool shade. I thought maybe we could get all dolled up for our date. I also think I have the perfect dress for you too."

"You don't have to-"

"Hey, we're friends right?"

I nod.

"Friends let friends borrow dresses and dye their hair."

She rushes over to the bed and kneels. She presses the two boxes together like she's begging me to do this with her. Her bottom lip jets out and she bats her wide beautiful dark eyes at me. I shut the book I'm reading, place it on the bed, then lean over on my stomach and face her.

"Okay."

"Really? Oh-my-god. We get to do a make-over montage."

I laugh. Her smile is radiant. I love how her face reddens a little because of her excitement. She plants a small quick kiss on my cheek, then backs away and waits for me. I get to my feet and follow her into the bathroom. I've never dyed my hair on my own before, so she goes through the steps with her hair first. Her choice is a sandy blonde, a little lighter than what her hair is now. It gives a perfect summer vibe. While her hair is sitting in the dye, she starts mine, gently applying the dye to my hair.

When her timer goes off I grab the detachable shower head and rinse out her hair. The tub water turns a weird light tan color as it washes down the drain. I run my gloved hands through her long drenched hair to make sure it's good, as I do her entire body relaxes and she releases a light moan. I pull away because my entire body feels like it's filled with pins and needles at her enjoying my touch.

My timer goes off shortly after and now it's her turn. I flip my hair over into the tub and kneel.

"This is going to look beautiful on you," she says, as she runs her fingers through my hair. Even with the gloves it still feels good.

I shiver, and I hope she doesn't notice. She takes her time getting all the red dye out. When we're all done we check ourselves in the long mirror on the back of the bathroom door. We stand with our bodies touching. We are both in towels, underneath we have our undergarments.

"Perfect. Can I do your makeup?"

I allow her to do that, and then when our hair is dry we get ourselves dressed. She holds up the dress she had in mine for me. The forest green is gorgeous. It's way shorter than I'm used to, and being a short girl, I'm not so sure it would fit me. Anna's legs are a bit longer than mine, and a dress like that is perfect for her, but I'm skeptical of it being fine for me.

I remove the towel from my body. She turns to dig through the closet, where she's made herself at home by hanging all of her clothes. I slip the dress on and adjust the off the shoulder part. She spins and her jaw drops. She grabs a pair of beige sandals and crosses the room, circling me like a shark. I take the shoes from her and slip them on while she's still taking me in.