Prologue

It was a good morning in the humble town of XXX. The birds were chirping, the rich old lady who walked her corgies every morning had a smile on her face while walking said dogs, and the friendly local gym bro was doing his morning runs around the town.

However, our protagonist, Isaac "Zac" Daniel, was peacefully sleeping on his one-person bed.

RING! RING! RING!

His phone's alarm turned rang, indicating the start of his day.

His eyelids fluttered open, focusing his blurry sight on the irritating cellular device. He turned off the alarm after some effort, then laid his head back on a heavenly and prized pillow and sighed.

[Another day of work....]

He moved his legs off the bed and sat up straight.

POP! POP!

His back and arms made popping noises as he stretched his whole body. However, he stretched so much that his whole body started to vibrate and became slightly painful.

"Aghhh..."

He relaxed his body and rubbed his eyes. Isaac stood up and went inside the bathroom to brush his teeth and take a shower to start off the morning.

-money-

The door to Isaac's apartment opened and out came the owner himself. Donned in casual clothing, he strode out of his apartment to head towards his workplace.

He closed the door behind him and made sure to lock it first.

Isaac worked as a freelance editor for various clients, he even got to edit and proofread a hit book series that miraculously garnered attention from all over the world.

With his bagpack over his shoulders and a helmet in his left hand, he entered an empty elevator and pressed on the ground floor button.

DING!

After waiting for a bit, the elevator door slid open, but it didn't lead to the ground floor.

A girl of petite stature entered the elevator and stood a bit away from Isaac.

She had short purple-black hair and purplish-dark blue eyes.

She briefly glanced at the control panel and timidly looked in front of her again.

[This girl's pretty short.... But I think she's an adult...probably.]

Isaac looked at her from the corner of his eye then looked back in front of him.

DING!

The elevator doors opened, and the girl walked out, followed by Isaac.

"Good mornin' Zac," the security guard patrolling around the building greeted while waving at him.

"Morning," Isaac responded with a wave as well, then exited the building.

He walked over to his motorcycle and took out his keys. After wearing his helmet, he hopped on the bike.

His motorcycle costed circa $14k, and it was his most prized possession. He revved up his engine a bit to get it warmed up first, then started driving to his destination.

Isaac had quite a reputation on the internet as an excellent editor for books, videos, and he sometimes got contracted to direct and edit a low-end to high-end company's commercial for a product.

A few minutes of driving, he arrived at a café called "Sérénité Violette". That's french for Violet Serenity.

This particular café was his favorite among many other places he used for work because of the diverse menu of beverages and fast wi-fi speed.