Unus: A Day In The Life Of

Isaac took a sip of his favorite hot beverage. He placed the cup down gently and continued reading through the story his client sent while making some revisions and small changes along the way.

"I think this part should be focused on tiny details like- here. Helios shouldn't be feeling envy, instead, make him feel conflicted. After what he experienced a few hours ago, his mental state would be in shambles and he would question his relationship with his friends," Isaac said, seemingly to himself.

But in fact, it was directed to his client that lived across the country. They were currently on a voice call, discussing how to improve the client's story. He joined the call a few minutes after Isaac first started reading the story for some reason.

"Ah, I think that'd be better as well." the client agreed.

-run-

"Haaaah...." Ina yawned.

She still hasn't gotten up from the couch. But at least she was being productive in Splatoon 2.

She was currently playing with her switch, patiently waiting for her friends to arrive.

DWOOM!

The air rippled as the tip of a blade appeared. The tip moved downwards, opening a pitch black portal.

Ina sat straight and threw her favorite  portable device after switching it off.

"Pardon the intrusion," a feminine yet tomboyish voice said through the portal.

Calliope "Calli" Mori walked through the menacing rift, followed by three other unique individuals.

The other three;

Gura "Gura" Gawr, an Atlantean shark.

Amelia "Ame" Watson, a detective with a particularly special stop watch.

And Kiara "Kiara" Takanashi, the symbol and child of life, a phoenix.

The portal closed itself after Calliope ordered it to.

"Sup Inaaa!" Gura greeted cheerfully and jumped towards her dear, similarly petite friend.

"Oof!" Ina grunted after Gura hug-tackled her.

"Heeey," Amelia waved and greeted.

"Hallo, freund," Kiara greeted with a huge wave and a smile.

-leave-

"Ah! Gura, you're cheating!" Amelia exclaimed in an accusing manner.

"I'm not, how dare you!" Gura retorted.

"Erghh! You're literally poking my waist! I can't....play like- guh!" Amelia said while wiggling in place as Gura rapidly poked her using her elbow.

Ina and co. were playing Mario Kart on the living room TV, and for this race, Kiara was in first place with Ina close behind.

"Fuck," Calliope cursed out loud.

Calliope fell off the map again. She was tempted to throw the controller as hard as she could towards a wall, but prevented herself from doing so because it wasn't hers.

"Ima get you Kiara." Ina said with a focused expression, waiting for her item to manifest.

"Oh no you don't!"

Kiara used a Super Star right before a Blue Shell from Ina hit her.

"Hehehehe! So long sucka!"

Kiara passed the finish line with a hearty laugh, with Ina finishing in second, Amelia in third, Gura in fourth and Calliope in last.