Septem: Smile

"What do you mean you're moving out?"

Isaac had a confused face. Ina just dropped the news of her moving out of the apartment to a new, bigger house.

"My co-workers and I are moving into a single big house. I don't know how to explain it more to you," she responded timidly.

"At least you're still in town. But I can't meet you as often."

"Yeah, that's unfortunate."

"Oh yeah, do your co-workers know we're dating?" Isaac asked.

Ina blushed at his question, specifically because he said they were dating.

She may be acting casual, but Ina still had slight disbelief they were together now.

Just last chapter she was slapped by him.

"No, not yet," she answered.

"Another question, why are you moving in with your work partners?"

"Ah, I'm actually a virtual streamer working for an ex-idol company," she spilled the beans as if it was nothing.

Isaac stayed quiet for a moment because of the revelation.

"Damn. So like— nevermind, we'll talk about that stuff another time. When are you moving?"

"Ummm, now."

"Oh, want some help?"

"No, it's fine. All the moving will be done by my Takodachis."

"And what's a Takodachi?"

"They're my followers. They look like the pillow beside you."

Isaac looked down and saw the purple octopus thing.

"Oh... okay then..."

Isaac's mind still couldn't process everything that was revealed to him.

-dawn-

Isaac had processed everything that was revealed to him.

It was the next day and Isaac was on his way to a specific place while riding his motorcycle.

An afterlife exists, ghosts exists on Earth, magic exists, if there were reapers, then there was an Underworld or a Hell of sorts, and Ina was a very successful YouTube streamer who was also a Priestess of very powerful cosmic gods who could destroy the universe if they wanted to— as summarized from Isaac's understanding.

[What the fuck... it's either I'm in a coma and dreaming about all this shit, or my life has been a lie,] was what he thought before he went to bed.

A few minutes later, he arrived at the promised location him and Ina would meet at.

A really big house came into view. It was surrounded by a mild forest. The area only held a few more houses including holoMyth's house.

Isaac stopped his bike and stared at the huge house.

[Damn....]

He whipped out his phone and messaged Ina he was outside.

Moments later, the long purple haired girl ran out and her face immediately lit up when she saw Isaac.

"Hii!" she exclaimed while waving and rushing towards Isaac.

"Hello, babe," he said teasingly.

Ina visibly blushed from the unfamiliar name, but she appreciated and loved it.

"You said you didn't need an extra helmet, you sure you're good? You can never be too safe."

"Nope, I'm confident in my abilities."

"What about your face? Won't someone recognize you?"

"I've got that settled already."

"Oh, okay."

He decided to not dig further into it.

"Anyway, get on."

"Y-Yeah, okay."

She hopped on behind Isaac and grabbed onto his waist. Her whole front body sticking to Isaac's clothed back. It wasn't much, but Isaac thoroughly enjoyed it.

"You can wrap your hands around me if you want to."

"N-No, it's fine."

[Sticking to him is already making me really embarrassed, I can't full on hug him...!]

"Suit yourself," he said and smirked under his helmet.

Without warning, he quickly turned around the opposite direction, making Ina hug him from the sudden movement.

"B-Be gentle! This is my first time..." she pleaded as Isaac started speeding up.

"Heh, I'm definitely going to be hearing that sentence again," he said under his breath as Ina held on for dear life.

-rope-

"Ah- ow!"

Ina was playfully punching Isaac. They arrived at their first location and Ina was pretty upset.

"I said to be gentle, but you drove as if there was no tommorow!"

"Ack- sorry, sorry. I just really liked you hugging me from behind," Isaac said while blocking Ina's punches with his arms.

She blushed and stopped. Her hands joined together and her fingers fiddled with each other.

She looked away and said, "Y-You could've just asked me nicely..."

Isaac's eyebrows rose from her unexpected sentence.

"I'll keep that in mind. Anyway, let's go have our date, yeah?"

"Yep, let's go!"

-triceratops-

They first went to a restaurant to eat lunch. They conversed and got to know each other more deeply, mainly Isaac asking questions about Ina and her co-workers with her answering.

After eating, Isaac insisted on paying, but Ina also insisted on paying. So they met at the middle and split the check.

Ina did some studying the night before.

They both, especially Ina, felt different than when they usually hung out. Maybe it was because they both were more than friends.

After that, the two went on a peaceful walk around the humble town. The area had lots of interesting stuff to see, like a statue of the town founder, a Japanese shrine which Isaac had no idea how it even got there, and a park near a stunning beach.

They enjoyed each other's company until it was almost sunset.

They were at a park near a beach, standing behind a railing while observing the sun fall under the horizon.

The area had no people around, just the two of them. The atmosphere became visibly orange as the sun was halfway to disappearing.

Isaac was leaning on the railing with his forearms while Ina stood beside him with arms behind her back.

She stepped closer to Isaac timidly and rested her head on his shoulder. Isaac averted his eyes on her head and smiled gently.

A moment like this should be cherished forever.

"Hey, Ina," he called.

"Hmm? What is it?" she inquired.

"I love you," he said, throwing out his inner thoughts.

Ina blushed, but smiled and chuckled lightly.

"I love you too."

The sun disappeared from their sight, a flock of birds flying over their heads towards their nests, and a squirrel climbing up a tree to its babies.