Tredecim: Promotion

It was a horrible day in the devastated town of XXX. Almost everyone in the immediate vicinity had been informed of Isaac's murder.

He was quite popular in certain social circles, so his death was a shock to them.

Trixagon was a veteran in mercenary work and his forte was assassination. Naturally, he would consider the most likely factors of a job and prepare accordingly. Such as a being that could sense a soul leaving a body or anything of the like that could make his job harder.

Ina just finished streaming. Laying on her bed with her phone, she messaged Isaac.

{Hi honey}

Ina blushed at her message and waited for Isaac to reply. After a few minutes of nothing, Ina sent more messages.

[Hmm, usually Isaac replies pretty fast.]

She wondered why, but it finally clicked.

[Oh, pft, he's in the shower.]

She turned off her phone and also went to shower to prepare for her date.

-green-

Ina spun around in front of a body mirror, admiring her pretty clothes. She smiled and was satisfied with her choice of clothing.

Going to her nightstand and picking up her phone, she checked if Isaac had replied.

[Huh... nothing. He hadn't even read it yet.]

Very weird, Isaac would definitely text her before he picked her up for a date.

[I'll just call him.]

She shrugged and went to call him, but someone called her first.

The caller ID was displayed on her screen as "Isaac BF". She quickly accepted the call request and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello, is this, by chance, Isaac Daniel's significant other?" an unfamiliar voice came from the other side.

Ina was shocked, to say the least. Her mind was darting to many possibilities as to why an unfamiliar male voice was calling her using Isaac's phone.

"Yes, I am Isaac's girlfriend." she replied in a polite tone.

"Ah, all right. I, uh, I'm tasked to inform you that, there was a murder last night, and..."

At that point, Ina's heart was beating stupendously fast. Her breathing became shallow and her head slowly dropped low as her expression turned grim.

"Isaac was the victim of the murder. Your boyfriend is in the local hospital's morgue currently."

The man was still talking, but Ina heard absolutely none of what he said. In her mind, the words, "Isaac was the victim of the murder", echoed in her mind.

Her knees were trembling, as so were her hands. Her grip became weak and she dropped the phone. After the phone's collided with the ground, she dropped down after her lower body lost all strength.

Tears had already formed in her eyes and gradually flowed down her face. The metaphorical black clouds of despair had already plagued her mind. The next step was for her opposition to break in.

Her breathing became shallower, causing her to have a headache. She raised her left hand to her chest and gripped her clothing.

Her eyes closed tight, but the tears didn't stop, in fact, it only increased. The only sound able to be heard in the room were her small whimpers.

Ina's thoughts were all jumbled, unable to think clearly. Out of the blue, the familiar voices of the Ancient Ones talked to her.

[Priestess.... do it.]