Chapter Seven

Counselor Jones wrote down Ryan's available days and times to meet with an angelkin from the Ergbear Phylum.

"You'll be meeting with Roy Vincent," she said. "Confirm the appointment when he messages you."

"Thank you," said Ryan.

"I'll be attending the appointment. If your mother's not present, I'll have to reschedule."

"Okay."

Counselor Jones ended the appointment and Ryan thought about Miss Aldridge.

---

Mr. Ross dropped Ryan off at school and drove off. Ryan walked into school by himself with a grin.

Chase sat at his desk in Homeroom miserably.

"Chase, we can talk in the corridor," said Ryan.

"Hmm-mm," he said, pressing the crutch into the floor. He limped behind Ryan.

Troy sat in Ryan's chair, sideways, waiting there. Ryan looked at him curiously and walked out of the room with Chase.

"I know you have problems, but don't read everything I do," said Ryan.

"This is why you want to talk to me? You could've waited 'til History."

"No, I can't say what I want there."

"What do you want to say? You see me locked up in the hospital, psych ward again?"

"I never saw you in the psych ward," said Ryan. "Look, go to this website." He handed him a piece of paper.

Chase read "Eljorian, League of Angelkins at www.eljorian.org" on it.

He scoffed. "I need an angel? I'm not a devil, red cock! You just hate what I say!"

"I don't and don't call me that!"

Shantel stopped in-between them. "Chase, why does a red cock bother you? It's just like yours, but it has red hair instead of brown. What's the problem?"

Ryan blushed and Chase grimaced. "Why don't you kiss it then?"

"Why don't you?" she said and slipped inside the room.

"Looks like weird girl's crushing on you. Maybe she thinks about your red cock all day."

"Chase, you have an entity on you," said Ryan, feeling his heart swell.

Chase grabbed Ryan by the shirt and got in his face. Ryan saw a red figure with a devilish face behind Chase. "Don't you dare start that rumor or I'll - "

"Knock it off, Chase!" said Sloan and shoved him back. He stumbled into the doorway, dropping the crutch on the floor.

"You're going to pay for that - runt!" said Chase angrily.

"Chase, stop it!" said Ryan. "Sloan, tell him what you saw on him."

"You had this white thing behind you with a skeleton face," said Sloan nervously.

"What kind of thing?"

"An evil thing," said Ryan. "And it wants to hurt you bad. You better do what I say this time." He picked up the crutch and pushed it into Chase's chest, walking into Homeroom.

He saw a snirver on Chase, but didn't want to talk to him about it.

Ryan flushed. Shantel talked to Troy quietly and he got out of Ryan's chair reluctantly, but she didn't look up when he sat down. She retied the bow on the front of her pink blouse.

---

Chase clipped Ryan on the shoulder on the way to Social Studies and Troy eyed him irritably.

---