Attention All Students!

What was I thinking? I should've known telling everyone wasn't going to be some walk in the quidditch field. There was no way I could make this easy; but I couldn't just come out and say it either. Opening a sentence to people you don't know, and telling them that you somehow managed to wind up carrying a child in your last year of Hogwarts halfway through your school year? Yeah, this would be difficult. But even as I panicked, and even as I worried, I knew it had to be done.

With my head held high, and a smile on my face, I went straight up to my best friends Fred and George. They must've known I was planning something because they both gave me the same curious look of confusion.

"Is that your 'I just got away with something I shouldn't have,' look, or your 'I'm about to do something crazy,' look?" Fred asked nervously, already expecting my answer.

"Well, something crazy, of course? This is me we're talking about," I laughed, knowing they'd want in on this.

"I'm in," George nodded, smiling from ear to ear.

"You don't even know what I was going to ask you!" I beamed, shocked at how quickly he'd decided.

"Don't need to, I'm always ready for one of your plans," he offered, bumping me with his shoulder.

"Alright, well, it's not gonna be easy," I said, honestly. "I think I'm ready for everyone to know my little secret," I said, hoping they wouldn't change their mind.

"About time! I was hoping I'd get to gloat about being the godfather before we left Hogwarts," Fred admitted, smirking at his brother.

"Co-godfather," George corrected, shaking his head.

"Then I guess the two of you won't mind accompanying me to the Great Hall tonight for dinner?" I asked, feeling my confidence starting to grow already.

"We'd be honored," they both said together.

"But how exactly do you plan  on telling people?" George asked, knowing there was no way I'd be able to make it to every table in one night.

I knew that if I offered them blue fireworks and an explosion of baby stuff going off over the tables they'd  be more than willing to cooperate, however I did have something a little more subtle in mind.

"It's safe to say my tummy isn't exactly flat anymore," I admitted, sheepishly. "I've managed to cover it with my heavier robes, but I think it's time I switch out for one of my more fitted shirts. It's been a while since I've put it on, but I know that it will be more than obvious."

"So telling them, without telling them?" Fred responded, reading my mind.

"Exactly," I smiled, happily, "and all I need is for you guys to stand by my side, and jinx anyone who doesn't like it." This part made them smirk, and I could tell they both knew I was absolutely serious.

"Looks like you'd better get changed then, cause we've got a dinner to get to," George agreed, escorting me with his brother towards the Slytherin dormitories for me to get changed.

------------------------------------------------

I was right, my Slytherin sweater did still fit, along with my tie, but it was way more obvious than I was expecting. The school would have to be crazy to not know once they saw me. However, the nerves that had been sitting in my stomach for so long, had finally drifted away. It didn't bother me anymore; in fact, I was ready for people to know. Hiding a secret like this was so time consuming, and took more effort than I'd have ever imagined. I'd be relieved when I wouldn't have to hide behind my baggy clothes anymore; I could only hope that some day Severus would understand how I feel.

I'd never been the type of girl to do things for attention, that wasn't like me. It was my dream to fly as far under the radar as possible, but by covering this up it was denying who I was becoming. I was learning to grow with this experience, mentally and emotionally. Fighting for what I loved, and believed in. That's what I wanted everyone to see.

So as everyone shuffled into the Great Hall, Fred, George, and I staid back. We waited, waited for the perfect time when everyone was already inside. That's when they followed me in. I held my breath, closed my eyes, and made my way through the doors.

People stared, some pointed, but everyone was mostly quiet. There were a few whispers, and a few girls had smiled at me, sweetly. No one seemed angry, or annoyed. It was as if they knew that I hadn't changed, I was still me. It didn't matter how I looked anymore, everyone just loved me the way that I was. So I guess my kind heart had paid off. All those years of always being there for so many of my peers, and giving them a shoulder to cry on.

I would never forget this moment. Because Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home. It doesn't matter if you're pure, or half, or muggle. Hogwarts sees that everyone has a home to feel welcome, and I was more than ready for that warm, happy, welcome.