Midnight Potions

"Where were you all evening?" Fred asked at breakfast the next morning.

"Yeah, Ella, tell us! We couldn't find you anywhere!" George prodded, wondering if I'd found another secret passageway that they'd somehow missed.

"Oh, no," Fred started. "Did you talk to Snape?" He asked, shocked.

"You didn't," George coughed, choking on his toast.

I went pale, holding it all in. "No one needs to know anything. What was said was between Snape and I," finally shushing them both.

"She'll tell Lupin," Fred said, smirking.

"And he'll tell us," George laughed.

"Actually, have either of you told Dumbledore about that?" I questioned, curiously.

They both shook their heads, confused. "Doesn't surprise me, though. If anything happens, Dumbledore knows." George grinned, thinking about how many things they'd never been caught for, but that Dumbledore had known was them.

Leaving my friends behind, I left the Great Hall and headed for the common room. Without realizing it, though, I bumped into Snape on my way out.

"I am so sorry," I began, before realizing who it was.

"Perhaps you should start paying more attention to what's in front of you," Snape glared, sharply, letting a small smile cross his lips.

"Right, Professor, I'll try to watch where I'm going," I blushed, continuing on my way.

"Miss Dawn?" Snape called over his shoulder, turning to look at me once again. "I'm requesting for help in my classroom later this evening if you'd like to be of some assistance?"

I blushed at the thought of he and I alone together once again. "Any chance of getting a few extra House points for Slytherin?" I smirked, knowing it was a long shot.

"I think something could be arranged," he agreed, heading back to the Great Hall.
——————————————————

"Heard you're meeting with Snape tonight," Fred beamed, wildly.

"Make sure and give him a big fat kiss for me," George laughed as he held his arm around me and made kissy noises.

"You two are pathetic," I giggled, turning red. "How did you even know?"

"Ron told us," they both said, shaking their heads. "He and Harry overheard the two of you when they were coming out of the Great Hall."