Lupin's Warning

My head was swimming the next morning in classes as I tried to focus on anything but the conversation that would be taking place later this evening. When I'd finally managed to escape my Defense Against the Dark Arts class, and the discerning look that Professor Lupin had been giving me, I realized that only Potions was left.

My steps were short and slow, prolonging the distance, so that I wouldn't be the first in the room. Merlin knows I wouldn't be able to handle it.

With only a few feet left between me and the door, I took a deep breath, and stepped inside. The smell of the Potions room hit me hard as I took it all in. Ingredients, parchment, ink, and there was Snape in his usual place; sitting at the front of the classroom.

I took my seat next to Fred and George and tried to lay low. "Professor Lupin said he's been meaning to talk to you. Wouldn't say why, though?" Fred whispered, leaning closer to me.

A worried look flashed across my face before I'd gone completely pale. George noticed, shrugging his shoulders. "Probably just wants to go over some class work with you," he said, being ever so optimistic.

"I have a feeling whatever he wants to talk about isn't related to schoolwork," I replied, crisply, dreading the day even more.

Of course I knew that Professor Snape wouldn't be expressing his unrequited love for me this evening. Which meant that there was only so much to be said that I hadn't already known.

Every word out of my Professors mouth went in one ear and out the other as I remained focused on his lips. They were thin and pointed, emphasizing every word that he spoke. His eyes were constantly drifting, their dark mass never lingering in one place for too long. His short, long breaths, complimented his stature and ominous appearance.

Without realizing it, his dark orbs caught my eyes, giving me a furious look that seemed to be invisible to the other students. That, or they were so used to it that they hadn't even noticed. But, to my surprise, they continued to dance around again to my other classmates without so much as a word.

When the class ended, I gathered my things, preparing myself to leave, but as I started to rise from my seat, I felt a strong force holding me down. To my surprise, Severus' long, cool, fingers, were holding onto my shoulder, forcing me to stay seated.

"Can I help you, Professor?" I asked, weakly, as people rushed towards the door.

"You'll be staying after class, we have a few things to go over," Snape explained, roughly, refusing to move his hand.

As the room cleared out, I found myself looking up into his eyes, yet again wondering if he'd break my heart.

"I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, Miss Dawn. How many times am I going to have to tell you to control your thoughts? Especially in my class." His words cut through the room like a knife as my heart sank to my feet.

"I-I'm sorry, Professor, it won't happen again," I whimpered, feeling his cold glare on my neck.

"I seem to have a hard time believing that," he retaliated, rolling his eyes.

"You seem to have a funny way of showing people you love them," I whispered under my breath before feeling his nails sink into my arm.

"How many times do I have to tell you that this isn't going to happen, Miss Dawn!? Don't tell me you've forgotten your place once again!?" Severus was gone, this was Professor Snape. I knew the difference at this point, but I also knew what I had to do.

"Sir, my place...it's wherever you are," I explained, standing from my seat as I let myself move closer to him.

"You're a student," he stammered, trying to fight it once again. However, it was me this time resting my hand on his arm to comfort him.

"I love you, Severus," I reminded him, sweetly, as I pressed my lips to his cheek. He tensed at my touch, pulling away to shield himself from the affection that I was attempting to give him.

There was only one thing left to do, as he stood there, frozen in shock, I crossed the room. His storage room was dusty, piled on shelves were potions that I'd never even hear of, but I grabbed the one that I needed.

Holding out the little bottle, I did the same thing he'd done the night before, pulling off the cork, and handing him the bottle.

"Drink," I smirked, watching him grab it from my hands.

"No," Severus hissed, agitated.

"Why? Because you're afraid? You're the bravest man I've ever known, surely a potion isn't going to be the thing that takes that from you," and as the words left my mouth, he raised the vile to his.

He refused to open his eyes, couldn't bare to meet my gaze. Refusing with everything he had to give me the satisfaction of knowing just how truly he cared for me.

Realizing that he wasn't going to give up without a fight, I let my fingers intertwine with his, pushing him against the classroom wall. My breath was hot on his neck, kissing it gently as a slight groan passed his lips.

Black eyes met mine, tears welling up, but refusing to fall. His lips came crashing against mine, reversing our rolls as he took over. The dominance of his touch was enough to drive me wild, but I pulled away as a sudden voice echoed through the halls.

"You should head down to the Great Hall. It's almost time for supper," I said, flustered, as I attempted to fix my hair.

"Shouldn't I be saying that to you?" He smirked, rolling his eyes.

"I would, but my Professor seems to have held me up, so now I have to take my things back to my room." I blushed as a smile spread across my face.

"Next time maybe you'll cut to the chase, and save us both the extra time," Severus growled, pulling me in for one last kiss as he let his hand rest on my lower back.

"So there's a next time?" I laughed, burning even brighter.

Snape shook his head, defeated, as he opened the door for me to go. Taking into consideration Fred and George's advice from earlier, I decided to avoid all the main corridors, trying to get back to the Slytherin common room as quickly as possible without being noticed until-

*smack*

"Oh, Ella, just who I was looking for," Professor Lupin began, checking to make sure we were alone. His voice was low, pulling me in closer to him. "Whatever you're doing with Professor Snape, it has to end here. No more meeting alone with him. He's much too dangerous, and he can't be trusted. Now, I've already said too much, but promise me you'll give this up?" Lupin asked, keeping a tight hold on my arms.

"I'm sorry, Professor, but I can't do that," I whispered, trying to release myself from his firm grasp.

"I don't think you realize what I'm saying. I'm no longer asking you, Ella. This is no longer in your hands," he insisted, as his grip on me grew stronger.

"Remus, is there something wrong?" Professor Dumbledore asked suspiciously.

"Of course not, sir, I was just trying to help Miss Ella with something, but I'll be on my way now." Professor Lupin smiled, promisingly as he turned to leave. Dumbledore refused to part from my side until Remus was out of sight. Finally turning to look at me.

"I'm afraid Remus has been feeling this way for quite some time now," Dumbledore said, shaking his head. "It has come to my attention that he's caught feelings for someone, and doesn't know how to protect the one he loves." He admitted, knowing that I'd understood.

"Professor? Was he telling the truth? Is Professor Snape really dangerous?" I questioned, not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"Severus is only as dangerous as you make him out to be," Dumbledore winked before heading to the Great Hall.