The Snake in my Corner

I retired to Severus' room where I pulled the thick blanket up, and cuddled into his nice, warm, bed. The dungeons were extra chilly at night, and I'd found it comforting to curl up tight into the covers. It hadn't taken long for me to fall into a deep sleep, and I hadn't even noticed when Severus had finally come to bed. Instead, I rolled over, and put my arm around him without evening realizing what I'd done. He was shocked, but he hadn't rejected it.

When morning finally arrived, I was getting my things together for my Defense Against the Dark Arts class. There would be plenty of time afterwards to prepare for my first Potions lesson, and I'd been more than grateful for that.

"Where have you been?" Fred asked me as we headed for the classroom.

"It's been a week, we were about to put out a 'missing person' ad in the Daily Prophet," George joked, putting his arm around me before turning the corner and stepping inside.

The look on his face when he saw Professor Snape standing at the head of the room made me smile with excitement. No one would be prepared to see him, and, more so, to see me teaching my own class shortly after.

 No one would be prepared to see him, and, more so, to see me teaching my own class shortly after

"Surprised?" I smirked, finding my seat. Neither of them could contain the "joy" that was obviously spewing from their excitement. Everyone who entered had the exact same expression, even Draco had found himself shocked that Severus had graced us with his presence.

"Who's teaching Potions?" Fred whispered to me from the corner of his mouth.

"I don't think you know her, she's rather new to teaching," I explained, refusing to tip them off.

"Maybe she's hot," George winked, nudging me under the table.

"I don't think she's your type, George," I admitted, trying to restrain myself from bursting with laughter. Apparently it had been quite obvious because I'd received an evil look from Severus who hadn't been too pleased with my outward expression of emotions.

"If you're through chatting, Miss Dawn, I would like to continue on with my lesson. Any further interruptions and I will be taking 5 points from Griffindor for instigating," he threatened, impatiently.

Neither of us said a word, instead choosing to listen quietly out of fear. Before I'd known it, the class had finished, and it was time for me to be on my way to the Potions room. There would be thirty minutes for me to prepare before students would be pouring in. But just as I'd picked up my things, Severus had called my name.

"Miss Dawn, stay," he said in his ever so usual monotone voice. My first thought was that I'd be in for a lecture due to my accidental interruption of class. "Dumbledore has given me the duty of asking you whether or not you'd like me to introduce you in front of the Potions class today, or him," he explained as authority dripped from his lips. He enjoyed his power over me and I knew it.

"It would mean a lot to me if you came, but I completely understand if it's too much. I can only imagine the rumors that will be correlating around this place," I speculated, nervously.