Feeding tubes

Joe's POV
Dianne, Safire and I were currently in the hospital speaking to one of her consultants, because the chemo was now making her throw up a lot more she now wasn't eating, and now she was loosing weight rapidly and the doctors were worried about her.
"So what's our solution here, I mean she won't eat, she's scared to because she knows she'll throw up" said Dianne.
"Have you been giving her the anti sickness medication I prescribed for her"? Asked the doctor.
"Yes we have and it helps a lot she definitely doesn't throw up as much but she still does but she knows if doesn't eat or really drink then she won't really throw up" said Dianne.
"Okay, well I think our best option is to start of with an NG tube and see how she gets on, however some children can find the inserting of the tube very traumatic so if this is the case for Safire and she hasn't began eating normally then we will book her in the have a G tube inserted" said the doctor whilst showing us the different types of feeding tubes.
"If she does have the G tube will that mean more surgery" I asked, holding Safire close to me the thought of surgery haunted me.
"Yes but it will be a small procedure" said the doctor.
"Well if you guys are ok with it we'll take Safire to go and have an NG tube fitted" said the doctor, Dianne and I nodded slowly and followed the doctor to a small room.
"Here you are guys, I'll leave you with Julie here" said the doctor, we thanked him and he left the room.
"Hi guys, does one of you guys wanna sit with her whilst I insert the tube, you may have to hold her down" said Julie. I knew Dianne would hate having to hold Safire down so I took one for the team, Dianne held Safire's hand to comfort her. Julie pushed the the tube up Safire's nose.
"Ow" said Safire and then she gave Julie a little slap on the hand.
"Hey that's not nice" I said holding her hand back, but other then that she didn't fuss.
There we go all done, would you like a sticker for being so brave"? Julie asked Safire.
"Yes please, i sorry for hitting you" said Safire.
"That's okay, would you like Ariel or Cinderella"? She asked.
"Ariel" said Safire, I could see a smile creep up on Dianne's face.
"Yeah, good choice" said Dianne. Safire put her sticker on her top and wore it with pride. We got up to leave and then Julie stopped us.
"Hang on guys, i just thought I haven't tapped up Safire's tube yet" said Julie. She then gave Safire a choice of two different decorative tapes for her tube, one had butterflies and the other had little yellow and blue fishes on that kinda looked like Flounder.
"Look flounder" said Safire.
"Flounder it is" said Julie.
"This day has turned very much little mermaid themed" said Dianne.
"Well I guess you'll have to watch the little Mermaid now when you get home" Julie.

AN
i hope you enjoyed this chapter XX