CHAPTER FOURTEEN - acceptance and their secrets

Five pairs of wide-eyed males stared dumbfoundedly at Isabella. She swallowed the nervous knot in her throat. And lifted her chin up, in a miserable attempt to appear confident and sure of herself. "I would like to be trained to fight," She repeated.

"We heard you," Lorcan blurted out, slightly uninterested.

Gavriel elbowed him, and cleared his throat. He offered her a polite smile, "And we would lov-"

"I'll train her" Rowan's voice brought silence into the cosy kitchen.

Gavriel blinked. "What?"

"I'll train her" He shrugged, and avoided her gaze as he continued. "She wants to learn how to fight, so I'll teach her"

Gavriel tilted his head to the side, with one of his hands, he rubbed the back of his neck. Nervously, she realized, -no-, awkwardly. "Well, I don't know if that'd be for the best" The male admitted.

Rowan clenched his jaw, and Thea saw the way his knuckles turned white with his hands in tight fists. "Why not?" He gritted out. Annoyed. He was annoyed.

The lion paled visibly. He avoided his friend's gaze. "You know, it's just that-"

"-That you are the biggest pain in the ass when you turn into your 'mentor mode on'" Fenrys finished for Gavriel, with little delicacy.

Rowan opened his mouth, indignant, "I'm not-"

"You are" The three males said in unison.

"Fuckers"

"So," Fenrys thrummed his fingers on the table, his voice casual. Too casual. His eyes were on Gavriel, "Who will train her?"

"I can do it" Lorcan said, his voice in between a tired sigh and annoyance. As if he were doing everyone a favour.

Fenrys' head turned immediately in Isabella's direction. He stared gravely at her, "You are dead"

"Careful!" Lorcan growled, loudly. A clear warning.

The youngest male raised his hands in the air, a surrender. "I'm just stating the truth," He pointed with his index finger at Rowan. "You are an absolute cruel arse when you are in charge of training someone" He turned to Lorcan. "You are so demanding that very few can keep up with your regime, she'll pass away from overworking herself in less than a week" Lastly, he shrugged in Gavriel's direction. "And you are just too old"

"I fail to see the reasoning in you-"

"In conclusion" Fenrys continued, clasping his hands, as if he were giving a lesson. "I am the best candidate for Isabella" He looked at her cheerfully, "I'll train you"

"No" Gavriel cut in, quickly and efficiently. "We will all train her, that way she will be able to learn much better"

Fenrys pouted, "But I would be a great master"

"You just became a soldier in battle, Boyo" Lorcan grunted with a dismissive snort.

"If I may voice my opinion," Kilax added, politely. During the pathetic argument, he had served tea and brought biscuits for everyone to enjoy. "I believe Gavriel's idea to be the wisest"

"I'm slightly -no, scratch that- highly offended by all of you" Fenrys protested, though his words were revoked by the immediate reach of his hand for a biscuit. "You've all wounded me"

"Ha!" Lorcan let out a humorless laugh, "I didn't know we could hurt your pride. Now that I'm aware I'll make sure to do it more frequently"

The youngest male rolled his eyes as he placed more biscuits in his mouth. "This is why nobody likes you, Lorcan"