CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN - rowan needs daddy lorcan

Isabella had grown accustomed to the colour of blood, to its particular smell and the meaning of such a sight; for being a neophyte required one to adapt.

Although most of her work consisted on following Louise around as she healed whoever walked through their wing, or taking notes of Dahlia's words as she told her about different plants and the perfect way for mixing them in order to create a wide number of brews whose preparation needed to be precise, otherwise one could end up making a potent laxative instead of a standard painkiller. Rose, on the other hand, had opted for a different kind of approach to teaching her the ways of healing. She had given Isabella books for her to read, homework for her to do, weekly exams, and a click of her tongue when her answer did not meet her expectations.

What had surprised her the most about the female, however, had not been her strict educating, but rather her association by bloodline. Allsbrook. The first time she had heard the surname, it had rang a bell in her mind, but it was only after several weeks of training when she realised the connotations to the female's blood.

A small -for Fae's standards-, and lanky -for Fae's standards- young male had entered the tent carrying a leather bag strapped to his chest. Isabella noticed the way all the healers perked up at his sight, but there was no recognition in her wit as she studied his features. He had thick tawny curls, and constantly upturned amber eyes with a fair complexion filled with freckles to match. And despite the fact that she was used to the size of Rowan's frame and Lorcan's height, she noted that the male had broad shoulders he would probably grow into.

"Luca!" Rose was the first one to cheer.

Isabella remembered having read about him in the books, but her memory was blurry, and she could not recall much of him. Based on the way his pointy ears were slightly more curved than some of the others, she could tell, however, that he was a demi-fae.

Luca's cheeks grew a colourful shade of red as he was under the focus of all the healers. He gently vowed to them, and quickly averted his eyes as he rummaged through his bag.

"What have you got there for me?" Dahlia called from her place where she leaned sideways on the table.

"Nothing, I fear," Luca responded, nervously glancing from one female to the other. "But," He added, as he took out three envelopes from his bag and handed two to the Head of the Healers' Wing. "These are for you, Lady Louise" Even his neck was dangerously blushing as he handed her the letters.

Isabella did not fail to notice the slight grimace on the female's lips as she heard the way Luca called her.

She was also sure she had never heard anyone refer to Louise as Lady.

"And this one, is for Lady Rose" He finished by giving her the last letter.

Dahlia scurried to her side, and tried to peer over the female's shoulder. "Is it from your brother?"

"Yes!" Rose smiled widely, ripping open the envelope to read its contents.

"Is he still posting in the Anascaul Mountains?" Dahlia asked, pointedly trying to read the smaller female's letter, even as Rose tried to hide it from her view.

"Last I heard, yes"

"Is your grandfather still trying to marry him off to Remelle?"

"Ugh, yes"

"I wonder if one day he'll succeed"

"I hope not!" Rose said, her tone harsher than Isabella had ever heard from her before. "I shall ask the Gods for a sister-in-law who does not have a reputation for not understanding the meaning of the word no "

FALLEN | rowan whitethorn x ocOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara