CHAPTER TWENTY TWO - who knew lorcan could be a softie and fenrys so wise

Isabella allowed herself a second of panic before she disentangled their bodies, her skin still feverish from their kissing, and already missing the warmth emanating from his skin.

He mimicked her actions, and by the time Fenrys found them, they were already standing, with enough space between them that there was not a hint left of what they had been doing. Except for the fact that they were both breathless, that his lips were reddish swollen, a slight blush tinted his cheeks and Rowan's hair had come undone due to her hands running wildly through it, pulling and tugging. She could only imagine how she looked.

Similar, or, probably, worse.

Fenrys appeared from within two bushes, and he looked from one to the other before a contained smile tugged at his lips. He coughed and Isabella had to fist her hands in order to prevent herself from groaning and covering her face in complete shame. She was not strong enough. Her hands shielded her from Fenrys' knowing eyes and Rowan's piercing stare.

They began talking in the old language of the Fae -about her, undoubtedly- so once she revealed her burning face, she let her hands fall idly to her sides. Isabella allowed herself a fast glimpse in Rowan's direction, and noticed that the male was pointedly ignoring Fenrys' gaze, whose eyes were glinting with banters probably dying to leave his lips. The Wolf of Doranelle opened his mouth to remedy that, but she beat him to it.

"I should go. I'm tired" A visibly forced yawn had her stretching her arms in an awkward attempt at normalcy. "And it is quite late, isn't it?"

She realised how strongly Fenrys was trying to contain his laughter when he choked out, the sound almost painful, "Indeed"

"Right. Yes. I'll go." She muttered quickly. So much that they were barely more than a blur before she sprinted back to their camping zone. In her rush, she almost tripped twice.

There, she had to pinch her inner wrist to ward off her urge to pull at her hair until it all fell off. Her breathing had turned shallow, and she had the sudden need to run away instead of facing any of the males ever again, for she knew that there was no way that what had occurred between her and Rowan could ever remain secret. Not with Fenrys' nosy ass already rubbing his hands together with delight at his knowledge. The boy loved gossip more than his own reflection.

Isabella was keenly aware of her state, and knew without a doubt that she would not be able to fall asleep, so instead, her feet moved to their own accord, stopping next to the tallest male she had ever seen.

"Lorcan," She whisper-yelled. The panic was palpable in her voice. The male remained with his eyes closed, and he even snored.

Too anxious to care, she kicked his arm with the tip of her boot. "Stand up, you lousy weasel I know you are awake,"

He opened a single eye, and squinted it at her. "No," He replied, curtly, and turned on his bedroll so that his back was to her.

She didn't have time for his dramatics. She kicked him again. "Lorcan, this is serious"

"I doubt it"

"It is " She whispered louder.

"Go talk to Gavriel, he's the eldest. I want to sleep" He grunted. Unmoving.

"But I need to talk with you"

That had his attention, she realised it by the way his shoulders tensed in alert. Or, more accurately, in interest . "Do you, now?" He sounded way too entertained for her liking.

"Yes, now stand up and follow me" She didn't glance his way again before she turned in her heels and stormed off to the opposite direction to where Rowan and Fenrys were.