[4] Migraines and Monsters

"Your positive were going the right way Glimmer?" 

"I know what I'm doing Bow! Can you please just trust me this once?" Glimmer replied, her nose buried in the tracker pad.

I sighed, choosing to try and identify some of the birds that were eyeing us cautiously. I thought about trying to hit one with a small rock nearby but my aim is way too horrible for that. 

"You know that we always trust you Glimmer, but I'm starting to get a little freaked out." Bow continued, "I mean, I pretty much grew up in these woods and I've never seen this part of them. I've heard stories about weird stuff out here."

"It's fine okay? Just let me handle it." And without another word she teleported away, leaving Bow and I to watch the prisoner.

"Well. That was uncalled for," I said attempting to throw a rock at a tree -- then missing the tree by a good 3 feet. Like I said, terrible aim. 

"She's just a little touchy today," Bow justified. 

A few moments of silence continued until the blondie decided to speak up. 

"You know she's a princess right? How can you follow her? Princesses are a dangerous threat to everyone on Etheria." 

I scoffed, "Says the one who's a part of the army that literally destroyed my entire kingdom and murdered my people."

"Well- I'm sure they had a good reason!" the girl argued. "We're not heartless monsters."

I sucked in a breath and harshly exhaled, "I can't do this today. You have your opinion and I have mine, but you can't change facts."

Walking ahead of the two, I heard sniffling and immediately ran in the direction of the sound. I found Glimmer on the ground crying and walked over to comfort her. But upon seeing the destroyed town I stopped in my tracks, clutching a hand over my heart.

The Horde Soldiers voice cut through the somber silence, "what..happened to this place?"

"Oh don't play dumb," I whipped my head around to face her, "I bet you were a part of the raid on this innocent town!" I pointed a finger accusingly at her then back at the ruins.

"What are you talking about! The horde didn't do this!" She looked genuinely shocked.

I started to walk closer to the red-clad girl, but Bow stepped between us and attempted to hold me back, "Y/n-"

"Please, Inform me blondie, are you genuinely confused, or so stupid and brainwashed by the horde that you can't realize what your people are doing to Etheria?" I yelled, walking away before I could get a response. 

After I was far enough so I could no longer hear Bow and Glimmer talking, I leaned my body against a tree hoping to get a moment of rest. 

Under the stress of the moment, my head exploded in pain, and had I not been leaning against the tree I would've fallen flat on my face. I clutched my eyes shut and tried to keep 

After a few seconds I began to regain my sense of surrounding, realizing there were two glowing blue orbs staring into my soul. Adrenaline began to kick in and I slowly reached for a rock on the ground nearby. 

With my good arm I tried to throw the rock behind the creature to distract it, but somehow managed to hit it in the head. A loud rumbling noise came from the creature and its eyes narrowed in on me.

"Oh fuck me." I gathered my surroundings and began running towards where Glimmer and Bow were. 

"GLIMMER! BOW" I reached them panting and they stopped their conversation and all three looked at me, "BIG...EYES...BEHIND ME"

Almost on cue, the ground began to rumble and a loud roar came from behind me. I rushed over and crouched behind Bow.

Glimmer started throwing magic sparkles and waving the sword around at the large Rolly Polly while Bow fired arrows. Both attempts were unsuccessful in the end.

I would've tried to help but unfortunately, there were many factors playing against me.

But I didn't have time to think as I was suddenly flying through the air, my spine being thrown against the hardwood of a tree. With a groan, I pushed myself up, now feeling pain from inside and outside of my head. 

My vision was a little blurry before, but now I must have been seeing things, cause the blond girl now held the forest sword and yelled "FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL!", and in her place stood an 8-foot tall warrior lady.

And must I say, she was kind of hot. 

I stood on my wobbling legs and walked over to bow and glimmer, who was only a step away. "Glimmer, bow.." glimmer cut me off.

"Yeah. I see her y/n"

"Okay, it's good to know that I didn't hit my head that hard," I replied, laughing dryly.

The creature looked at the warrior lady and did a kneeling action as we all stared in awe. But then the woman suddenly screamed, causing her to turn back into the horde girl again.

"Stay where you are!" Glimmer yelled, getting closer to her.

"What did you do to me?!" Her voice got higher in disbelief.

"What do you mean what did 'I' do to you?!" Glimmer retorted as she grabbed at the sword, trying to pull it away from her.

"I DIDNT KNOW BEING A PRINCESS WAS CONTAGIOUS" the girl was in such disarray but she held the sword tight to keep glimmer from grabbing it.

"OKAY OKAY, EVERYONE. LET'S JUST CALM DOWN" Bows voice cracked as he yelled, trying to get the two fighting girls to stop, then he turned to the blonde one, "wanna tell us how you did that?"

"I didn't do anything! All I did was pick up the sword and WOOSH! I'M IN A TIARA."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, all the yelling was making my headache come back. And the adrenaline that previously turned off my pain receptors was almost gone, leaving a dull ache in its place.

"I don't care how she did it, we just have to make sure she never does it again!" Glimmer yanked the sword out of the girl's hands and suddenly the Rolly Polly activated again, only this time it was more enraged. Fuckfuckfuckfuck-

It charged straight for glimmer, but she teleported out of the way, leading the stupid thing to come barreling towards me. I jumped out of the way just in time for it to hit a tree. Its attacks paused for a moment, allowing us to regain our bearings.

"Do it again! do it again!" Bow was practically shrieking as he started shoving the sword into the blonde's hands.

Glimmer called his name but he continued to plead. "Do what you did before!"

"I don't know what I did before!" The blonde answered, also shrieking.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head, and I searched around until I found a shiny stone sitting next to the tree. I gripped it in my hand and held it above my head, gaining a sudden boost of confidence.

"HEY PEA BRAIN!" The monster looked over at me and once I had gained its full attention I threw the rock somewhere, causing it to follow.

The other three started running and I followed, us reaching a First One's building. The blonde girl apparently read a word that was on the door, and the castle opened. 

Once we got inside, I could feel all of the pain from my injuries catching up with me.

"Hey guys, I think t- that-" But my tounge felt lead and my vision went black. 

- CHAPTER 4 END - 

Merry Christmas everyone! Had this chapter pre-written so I decided to post :) hope everyones having a marvelous day!