[5] New Alliances

Blood rushed through my skin. Heart pumping in my chest. Brain functions returning and the feeling of my muscles twitching. That's all I could feel as I started to regain consciousness. 

My eyelids pried themselves apart and I was greeted with the color pink. 

"Be careful when you get up, you don't want to get a headache," I heard Bow's voice from somewhere in the room. 

Slowly I sat up on the cot, groaning at the dull ache in my bones. 

"What...the hell happened? I feel like I was run over by a horde skiff." 

Bow was standing by the entrance of (what I now realized) was a tent, "Basically we went into the woods to find the piece of first ones tech and then met a horde soldier-" 

I interrupted him, "No no, I mean, what happened after that?" 

"Well, we found a first one's castle thing. And it turns out Adora can read the language of the first ones, and you also passed out, and then we brought you to Thaymor to get you some medical help."

"Ah. Ok." I glanced outside the tent, "Where's Glimmer? And remind me who Adora is?" 

"Right, Adora is the horde soldier, and Glimmer is showing Adora the festival. APPARENTLY, they don't have parties in the Horde. Isn't that so sad?"

I nodded and began to get up off the cot. A new bandage had been put on my foot and my cast was being held together with medical tape. 

"Good news though," Bow helped me up, putting a hand under my arm for support, "You have no internal bleeding! Just lots and lots of internal bruising. And possibly a concussion but the doctor didn't see any concussion signs when they checked."

"Wonderful." I scoffed. "Let's go explore this festival. Might as well get something out of this god-forsaken trip." 

He nodded and let me walk on my own, exploring the town of Thaymor. There were lots of ribbons and decorations throughout the town, as well as unique foods and traditions. 

Eventually, we found Glimmer and Adora petting some horses. 

"Y/n! Your okay!" Glimmer exclaimed, going to give me a hug but stopping halfway to prevent irritating my injuries. 

"Yep. Also," I turned to Adora, "Why isn't blondie tied up or something? I thought we were holding her captive?" 

Bow shrugged, "I mean, she did kind of help us bring you here when you passed out. Plus she's not so bad once you give her a chance."

I narrowed my eyes, "Maybe," looking around I saw a place that was selling food, "I'll be right back."

As I walked over a small girl ran over and offered me a flower crown, which I took and placed on my head with a smile. She ran off to find someone else and I continued grabbing food from the vendor. 

The time away from the other three gave me a few seconds to gather my thoughts, and after scarffing down the food I walked back to the group. 

"...-c'mon Glimmer, I know you like her too!" I heard Bow say as he nudged the Pink haired girl. But a sudden rumbling noise caused everyones attention to be diverted. 

"What's going on?" I asked the other two, both of them just as clueless as I was. But once gray ships with horde symbols painted on them came crashing through the small town, we all knew what was going on.

Glimmer pulled the four of us into a nearby tent and I stayed close to the entrance, making sure we were safe for now. 

"Why are they here? The people of Thaymor aren't a threat!" Bow exclaimed, face riddled with confusion. But Adora's eyes widened to the size of saucers, putting together a part of the puzzle that we didn't have yet.