[10] Glimpse Of The Past

PLEASE READ: Some of the endings won't be at the ending of the book! I will add endings as they come, and I'll try to post them with the chapter after it so people don't think the book is ending lol

Over the next couple of days we had been to different places in Etheria, passing out supplies and and generally helping people.

We started to go back to Brightmoon, but we stopped in the whispering woods for the night to get some sleep and I practically passed out as soon as I hit the grass 'pillow'. Unfortunately, It wasn't the same for my teammates.

I was awoken to Bow loudly saying, "Good Morning Glimmer, Y/n," and I sat up rubbing my eyes, while Glimmer groaned.

"It's too early. Five more minutes," she shoved her cape over her head and tried to go back to sleep.

"But its a beautiful morning," I looked around and Bow was right, it was a very beautiful morning.

Dew covered the grass and the morning sun peaked through the canopy of trees, giving the forest a glow-y look.

"Today's cancelled," Glimmer groaned again and clutched my necklace as I tried to wake my brain up, "Go back to bed,"

But when I looked around with groggy eyes, I noticed that Adora was awake, leaning against a tree. I patted the now awake-ish glimmer and pointed to the blonde. She groaned and teleported the three of us over to where Adora was standing.

Glimmer touched her shoulder and the blonde gasped, quickly turning to face us but softening when she saw it was just us.

"Sorry, too early to teleport," I patted Glimmer on the back and watched as Adora walked forward with a glare.

Bow walked beside her and looked at her, then wherever she was looking at, "What are we looking at?" I walked to the other side of Adora, also trying to see what they were looking at.

"I don't know," her voice was full of worry that her face didn't seem to capture, "I heard a noise in the woods last night, and I- I thought I saw something,"

"What like a bunny? Maybe a butterfly," Glimmer mocked, but clearly Adora wasn't joking cause she just turned her head away from the girl with a stern look.

Upon her reaction, Glimmer softened, "Adora, did you get any sleep at all?"

"Someone has to stand guard," and Adora walked off, followed by Glimmer. I just stood with my hand on my chin, wishing I could do something.

All I heard from their conversation was 'Mystacor' which caused Bow too immediately become excited.

"Mystacor?! No way!"

Adora just looked confused and I went over to assure her, "Don't worry, its a good place to relieve stress, I'll let Glimmer explain more,"

"It's a secret floating kingdom that's home to all of Etheria's sorcerers!" she clasped her hands together, "It's got tranquil gardens, beautiful beaches, and healing springs! And my aunt Castaspella just happens to be head sorcerer there!"

Bow interrupted, "You'll love it Adora! Plus you won't have to worry about evil things in the woods! Mystacor is protected by an invisibility spell, so evil can't find it!"

"It's the safest and most peaceful place in all of Etheria, we'll have you relaxing in no time."

"You know I've never relaxed in my life right?" Adora chuckled, but I turned my focus to getting all of the leaves and stuff out of Glimmers hair.

"We're about to change that! Just wait," Bow slung an arm around Adora and we all started walking away.

- - -