[16] Right Where We left Off

On the western edge of the whispering woods was a small, neutral ground town named Ivy-woods. Its borders were open to everyone, including the horde. Which meant they had a wide variety of customers, and therefor a thriving economy. 

It really was a beautiful community. Streets were adorned with little shops and restaurants. Everyone was dressed in very fine garments. And the town prided itself on its arts, often having performers on the streets or in the many theaters and auditoriums that filled the city. 

Unfortunately however, they had a very large crime rate. Mostly because of the dozens of Horde soldiers that roamed the streets, looking for a good time after their shifts. Which of course, leads to situations like this--

It was a little after sunset and I was just about to enter a store when I heard the most annoying voice drift through the streets and pierce my ears. 

"Look lady, just give us your purse and we'll be out of your pretty hair," My movements paused and I turned away from the shop, finding the source of the noise coming from the nearby alley.

"P-please, I'm just trying to-" I looked in the alley, seeing there were two horde soldiers assaulting some rich lady. 

"I don't care what your trying to do, just give us the-" before the soldier could finished I stepped into the alley, making myself known. 

For context, I was wearing Horde Armor with paint splattered all over it, as well as my gauntlets on my fists but I was working on keeping those hidden in an illusion. I had also taken the time to paint of the horde insignia in the center, although I didn't know what I was going to replace it with yet. 

"Hey," I walked over too the two Horde soldiers, "Don't you have something less....cliche... to be doing?" I cringed.

The second one stalked over, standing over me in an intimidating manner, "and who are you supposed to be?"

I shrugged, "What's it to you?"

They laughed, "What's it to me? The Horde runs this town little girl, I would watch who's business your-"

Before he could finish, I punched him in the face, causing their other friend to come running over. They tried to grab me, but I dodged and used the force they exerted to push them into the ground.

The second one ran over and hit me in the back of the head, but I quickly used an illusion of me disappearing and fled the scene, leaving the two Horde soldiers confused. Thankfully, while the soldiers were trying to fight me, the woman they were harassing fled.

I stumbled into the Inn I was staying at and took off my helmet and armor, placing it on the coffee table before sinking into the couch. 

It had been a solid month after the Battle of Brightmoon, and since then I had been staying in random Inn's around Etheria, getting a feel for the people before finding a different place to stay. 

It wasn't the most fulfilling way of life, but it was a great way to avoid my problems. 

Along my travels, I've been taking down small Horde camps and improving my fighting and illusion magic. I'd even started to get on peoples radar as a mercenary, offering protection to rich people in exchange for money. Things were going pretty good.

That is, until there was a knock at my door one night.

- - - 

It had been a quiet night in the usually restless Ivy-woods, and I was taken advantage of this by getting ready for bed early. That's when I heard three gentle knocks at my door.