[17] Cold-Blooded

I'll admit, sitting on a Horde skiff with a bunch of Horde soldiers and people who I've previously fought in battles, was not my proudest moment. But the fact that Entrapta was sitting next to me was what made it 10x better.

When I had first seen her, I had given her the biggest hug I could manage, and almost cried. I just couldn't believe that she was actually alive.

Currently she was ranting about the piece of First Ones tech we were after. Some important chip that she managed to catch on her radar or something like that.

The camp had already been set up by some low level Horde Soldiers, and all we had too do was go and get started on research. I may have forgot to mention that we were in the Northern Reach, aka: the coldest fucking place literally ever.

Thankfully I bought a nice winter coat ahead of time, as well as some mittens and a hat.

"Y/n, I'm sooooo glad that you decided to come on this mission with us! Its going to be so much fun finding that powerful piece of tech!" Entrapta squealed in excitement and a smile found its way onto my face.

"Alright," Catra's voice made my smile fall, "We're almost to the camp, and as soon as we get there we need to start doing the research stuff. Hordak is counting on us for this one."

Everyone responded in some way, and then Entrapta continued her rant. This time I think it was about the research she's been able to do with the Hordes Tech. While listening I took the time to look at my surroundings.

The Northern reach had a peaceful, almost eerie aura too it. It was too cold for anyone to actually live there, so it didn't have light pollution or buildings or smoke like the rest of Etheria tends to have.

Its a shame we were about to ruin that.

- - -

I was helping Entrapta find something in the mass array of boxes when from the other side of the room I heard a loud clink, followed by the purple-haired girl freaking out.

"aAaHHhhHhh, CAREfuL wITH THAT!" Entrapta yelled. I walked over to see what the fuss was about when I saw Catra had in her hands a red shiny piece of first ones tech, "It's a rare first ones artifact."

"I've been meaning to study it, but I haven't gotten the chance yet. The last time I deployed it, it ended up infecting all of my robots with some sort of...murder virus. Y/n probably remembers that."

My ears perked up, and memories of a drunk-adora and almost getting crushed by a giant cleaning machine filled my mind, "Oh yeah. That was a shitty situation," I walked over and stood inbetween Scorpia and Entrapta, making myself apart of the conversation.

Catra cringed, "You brought along a murder virus and not a blanket???" she had a point, it was super fucking cold.

"Well it does other things too," Entrapta stated, "Like for example when it infected She-ra she lost her powers. Also she got very...floppy."

I butted in, "But before she went all floppy, she also like, tried to murder us. So maybe we put it back-"

"A she-ra off switch huh? Why didn't you say something sooner?" Catra smirked at the piece of tech.

Sighing, I went over and continued rustling around in some of the boxes, seeing if there was any space heaters because oh my stars it was really fucking cold.

"So-uh- anyway." Scorpia stuttered, "In, Non-Shera business. When I said, we could do something-?"

Suddenly an alarm rang out through the building, and I walked over to the sensors with Entrapta only to see a giant red dot on the map.