[7] Training

"Alright y/n, I know that you're starting your training today but I would like you too be as careful as you can. You're getting your cast off in a week, but knowing you, a lot can happen in a week." The nurse told me sternly. 

It had been a week after the trip to Plumeria, and I was due to start training before the next mission--per request of the queen. 

"Yes Ma'am." I nodded. 

She gave me another hard look before returning to the stack of papers on her desk, "Good, now hurry along. Don't want you to be late."

I grabbed a water bottle from the nurses fridge and made my way down the long hallways of the castle, thinking about how today was gonna go. 

Angella had hired a trainer that specialized in training magic-- specifically Runestone magic. The trainer had been previously training the ice princess Frosta, but other than that I knew nothing about this mysterious person. 

Reaching the gardens was quicker than I thought it was going to be, and a feeling of dread started to settle in my stomach. But I brushed it off, pulling up my big girl pants and stepping out into the morning Brightmoon air. 

At the bottom of the steps stood a person with short brown hair. They wore a skin tight black shirt and a pair of light blue pants. 

After hearing the door open they turned around, looking at me with big gray eyes. "You must be Y/n! It's a pleasure to meet you." They had a thick accent, although I couldn't quite place where it was from.

I waved, "Hello, It's nice to meet you as well."

"Well girlie get your arse down here already, it's not like I bite." I flushed slightly and they chuckled, "I'm Abigail." 

(A/n: Abigail is portrayed as more feminine, but she goes by she/they pronouns :)) 

After reaching the bottom of the steps, I was quickly pulled by the arm to the open space of the gardens. 

"Alright Y/n. We're just gonna sit and talk for a minute, then we'll get you started on some light training." She sat down on the grass and I followed.

"So," they rested their head in their hands, "Tell me about you."

"Well, what do you want to know?" I asked, pressing one of my knuckles to my lips.

"Anything and everything." she smiled.

I thought for a moment, "Well you already probably know that I'm a Princess, and that I have the Illusion magic that most Elesphian people have- well, had." I continued talking about things that I liked and hated, not going into too much detail. 

Meanwhile...

Adora, Bow and Glimmer all sat behind a wall in the gardens, watching the interaction between the new trainer and Y/n. 

"We probably shouldn't be spying on them, what if she sees us." Bow tried to stop the two girls to no avail. 

Glimmer scoffed, "Well, as Y/n's best friend, its only responsible if I make sure that whoever she's talking too is safe. Plus," she paused for dramatic affect, "My mom won't tell me anything about who that person is. And she especially won't tell me why she's with Y/n."

Bow thought for a moment, "That is a little suspicious, but it's not really our business."

"Okay, how about we compromise. If they don't start doing something within the next 30 minutes, we go back inside and get some lunch." Glimmer stated.