Epilogue

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

E P I L O G U E

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Our new apartment was massive. The windows filled the wall head to toe and overlooked most of Los Angeles. The only pieces of furniture was a black felt couch that sat in the center of the living room and a television that Adam hooked to the wall.

I plucked the framed picture of us—from the paintball event—from before and placed it on one of our gray marbled counters. "You were such a grump," I commented as Adam appeared behind me.

He wrapped his bulky arms around me, tugging me to him. "I remember that day," he murmured in my neck. "You went batshit crazy on the other team. It had to be the hottest thing I'd ever witnessed."

I glowered at him. "Not hot." My competitiveness was in my blood. I had a tendency to have outbursts and emotional shifts when it came to winning. The word losing made me lose my mind.

I circled around to Adam's front and ran my hands over his freshly shaven face and up into his hair. "You look like a baby."

Adam's eyebrow rose. "A baby?" He tilted his head, kissing my wrist. His eyes kept on mine. "That better be another way to say all man."

"The manliest man," I laughed before maneuvering to the couch. I plopped down and spread my arms and legs open. Moving was beyond strenuous. Adam didn't have too many boxes but we had to lug them up three flights of stairs because the elevator was broken. Adam took place over me, clinging to my chest. His eyes fluttered close as he got comfortable. "Tired?"

"Exhausted. New York to L.A. is a shit travel."

"I agree." I let out a yawn before dropping my head on the arm of the couch.

"But it was worth it," Adam's sentence stifled as he shoved his head into my stomach.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." His rough hands ran under my shirt, massaging my sides. "Being with you still feels unreal. Like a dream that's going to end soon."

I sat upwards so his head fell onto my lap. "It won't end, Adam." I placed a kiss on his forehead as some sort of reassurance. "I love you too much to willingly give you up."

"I'd have to be torn limb from limb before I left you," he retorted. Adam traveled up until he encapsulated me underneath him. He captured my lips and ran his left hand over hip. He worked his way down my neck, leaving love bites behind. "You were my first love and I hope you'll let me be your last."

"I'll die by your side," I said—more like promised.

"Thank god for Christmas," Adam mumbled as he carried on, placing his searing kisses.

Yes, thank god for that Christmas conversation.