Bonus Chapter #2

a/n: i meant to send this chapter out like 3 months ago. sorry for such a late update but happy 2023!

4 Years Later
▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

    It was Christmas Eve. A silent one so far. The snowfall in New York had been so horrible that we could no longer fly in to visit our families. Both of us were bummed. I, especially since we had little time to decorate our place.

Adam had also been gone a little while. He said he was fetching some dinner but alas, our flat was still stale quiet.

A few moments passed before the door swung open, the knob hitting our wall. I jumped up, a little screech releasing from my throat.

"Jesus, Adam."

"Just Adam," he grunted as he tugged a large tree behind him. A Christmas tree to be exact. It was a small, puny one. Perfect nonetheless. A few huffs later he managed to pull the tree fully inside. Turning around with a beautiful smile, Adam said, "Hello, my love."

I laughed, shaking my head at the sudden chaos of what Adam had just lugged in.

"What's this?"

Adam's Point of View

"A tree."

"I see that." Winter strolled over to me, leaning up, placing a light kiss on my jaw. "Where'd you get such a...tree?" The tree wasn't much of anything. Honestly, the folks gave it to me for free because it was so last minute and the runt of the batch.

"Hardware store lot." I rolled my fingers through her hair, pulling her close. I placed a kiss on her head. "Our plans went off track so I figured we could do some last minute celebrating."

Winter's eyes lit up. She wrapped her arms around my neck, fiddling with the short strands of my hair. "You're wonderful, Adam. You make for a perfect boyfriend."

She settled her lips on mine. "Fiancé," I mumbled. Winter smiled against my lips. "Fiancé," I mumbled again. We broke apart, my arms still wrapped around her.

"Yeah, yeah," she quipped.

I frowned, my brows furrowing. "Winter," I warned. Winter hadn't gotten used to our new labels. It had been only a few days since our engagement after all. Her new ring became the only accessory that lay on her hand.

Winter chuckled. "Fiancé," she corrected. "Forever, Mine, Future Husband, The Future Father of my Children. What title may you have it?"

The last title sent a thrill down my spine. A family with Winter was something I always wanted and more than I deserved. It was truly a fever dream. She laid out our future. She started mine.

"Father of two? Four?"

"Four?" Winter gasped, her eyes practically bulging. She dropped her voice lower. "Birthing four children is no joke."

"I'm sorry, you're right. Whatever you want, I will gladly take."

"How about we see how we feel at one and go from there?" Winter pulled me close, snuggling into my chest.

"Okay, perfect. We have time. All the time in the world." I looked over at our pathetic tree. "Want to start decorating?"

Winter pursed her lips in question before a mischievous grin took over her face. She eagerly tugged me over to the couch, settling us both down. She took place on top of me.

I tilted my head in question. Not that I wasn't enjoying this. Whatever this was. I dragged my hand over her back, my fingers slipping under the hem of her shirt.

"Or..."

"Or?"

"Or we can start for baby number 1?" Winter bashfully smiled. Her nose grazed my neck. Warmth took over my body. My heart wildly pulsed. When I stayed silent, Winter sat up, her face etched with concern. "That was stupid of me to say. We don't have to do that. Not now anyways. Maybe later? When you're ready too. I—"

"Winter," I interrupted. She looked down, her hair curtaining us. "I want that. Now, later. Either way. With you."

"Yeah?" She sniffled.

"Yeah." For a minute we became wrapped up in each other. Our lips intact, desperate to etch this moment into memory. "Let's make a baby."

When it was midnight, Winter and I were still cozied up under the blanket on the sofa. My palm ran over her bare shoulder as she let out calm breaths.

Best Christmas yet.