Ideally Not Ideal - Kunikida x Reader 💫

BRO WHAT SIGN ME UP I WANNA KUNIKIDA PLEASE

also boom finally my Kunikida x Reader lol

first oneshot of 2022!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kunikida Doppo started off his morning bolting out of bed at the sound of a fire alarm. Instinctively he fumbled for his glasses on the bedside table and shoved them onto his face before turning towards his lover-

The blonde stopped and sighed as his partner was nowhere to be seen, messy f/c sheets in her place. "Y/n-chan?" Kunikida called from the bedroom doorway, pausing to tie his hair up in a ponytail. 

"Go back to bed!" You yelled back, your voice coming out as more of an embarrassing squeak as you almost burned yourself on a hot pan, dumping out the burnt breakfast. As you shoved the pan into the sink you felt a pair of arms wrap around you from behind and sighed, leaning back into the warmth. 

"I was just trying to make breakfast for you, you've seemed really stressed out lately." You said softly, throwing the white kitchen towel in your hand onto the marble counter. 

Kunikida chuckled, one of the rare occasions where he sounded genuinely happy. Just hearing that, made you feel better. Kunikida rarely actually showed that he loved or enjoyed things and the Agency had been shocked at how much happier he seemed after you came into his life. 

"It's alright, you didn't need to." He murmured back in your ear. One of the greatest surprises to his co-workers is how completely not his type you seemed. For how idealistic, orderly, and perfect the man was, they expected someone as talented, uptight, and organized as he was. 

You, however, were not Kunikida's ideal. And that is what made you the perfect match. You were very talented in certain areas, but you could not cook for the life of you. Your room and desk were always a disaster, and you often joked around and planned pranks with Dazai. The one thing that was closer to his 'ideals,' was your schedule.

 Every weekday morning you would wake up at 9:00, fully wake up, get dressed and have a breakfast of cold cereal by 9:30, be ready to go at 9:45, get to work at 10, have a lunch break 12-12:45, and get off work at 4:00. 

In no means was it as tight and rigorous as your boyfriend's but it was a schedule, nonetheless.   

"If we hurry, we will have exactly 30 minutes to pick something at a restaurant on our way to work. It can be a little date." Kunikida continued. 

"Sounds good." You said with another sigh. "Now I need to turn off the fire alarm before we wake the neighbors."

Kunikida winced. "Right." He let you go and turned around, using his freaking 6'2 height to reach the alarm and turn it off. (I DID NOT KNOW KUNIKIDA WAS 6'2 LIKE WHATTTT BISH U TALL CHUUYA MUST BE JEALOUS and oh yea thats 189 cm sry im a horrible american ;-;)