Nail Polish- R. Akutagawa x Reader

^aka torturing akutagawa :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were the fellow Black Lizard member and best friend of Akutagawa Gin. 

The two of you met in the Port Mafia, both trained by Verlaine together. (this is kinda random but i think people forget that Verlaine is alive and training PM assassins like Gin and Kyouka-)

So, naturally the two of you became friends. You were the only one in the Port Mafia that knew Gin was a girl, besides her brother of course. 

And that's how you had first met the famous rapid dog of the Port Mafia.

Gin and you had been sitting on her living room floor, snacking and gossiping about- well anything. The particular subject had been the other hot Black Lizard, Tachihara Michizou. 

Although she wouldn't say so, you suspected Gin had a crush on the redhead. 

And then, as Gin was saying something about everyone else still thinking she was a boy, the door had opened and in walked the new love of your life. 

You had jumped when the door opened, and then were surprised when Gin didn't react, not knowing at that moment that your friend had a brother. 

In stepped the hottest emo boy you had ever seen. You told your brain to calm down and shot a look at Gin. Did she secretly have a boyfriend? 

The black-haired girl finally glanced up and smiled. "Ryuu! You're home." 

He walked over, silver eyes meeting your e/c ones. He wore all black and had the same raven hair as Gin- except shorter of course and his turned white at the tips.

"Who's this?" You both asked at the same time.

The two of you stared at each other for a moment before Gin's voice cut the tension. 

"Y/n, this is my brother." 

Brother! Does that mean he's free? Calm down Y/n...

"Akutagawa Ryuunosuke." He said in a cold clear voice, like icy water tumbling down a beautiful mountain waterfall. 

"F/n L/n." You returned, giving him a smile that he didn't return. Be that way, emo boy. "Nice to meet you, Akutagawa-san."

He dipped his head, then walked off. 

You turned back to Gin, freaking out, who was giving you an unamused look with a raised eyebrow.

"GIN YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT YOUR BROTHER" You whisper screamed

"YEA BECAUSE I KNEW YOU'D GET ALL STARRY EYED OVER HIM SERIOUSLY YOU HAVE HORRIBLE TASTE IN MEN"

"I HAD A CRUSH ON CHUUYA-SAN ONCE"

"...Touche." 

She sat back and set to braiding a chunk of her long dark hair. "He's a literal cinnamon stick, Y/n."

"He's tall dark and handsome"

"Y/n-"

"Hmph." You stuck your tongue out at the assassin before looking through some nail polish in a basket, deciding to change the subject. "Oooh, Gin, I wanna paint yours silver, it would look so pretty with your eyes."

"Alright but I get to do yours red." 

"Deal!" 

A few minutes later, Akutagawa walked back in, looking a bit unsure of what to do as you both sat on the floor, waiting for your nails to dry.

You glanced up at him and got an idea. "Akutagawa-san, let's paint your nails! We have black if you'd like."

"What?!" he exclaimed. "No. I have no need for such useless beautification." 

"It's not to be useful- it's for fun."

"Tsk." He looked annoyed, but you could tell he was secretly somewhat interested. 

"Please Ryuu?" Gin pleaded with her brother and a few moments later he sighed.

"Fine, if you insist." He awkwardly sat down cross legged between the two of you. 

"I'll do his left hand; you can do his right." 

The emo in front of you shot you a slightly suspicious look as you took one of his hands, hoping you weren't blushing too obviously. 

When you were done painting his nails, Gin suggested a movie and you eagerly agreed. It took a little bit to convince Akutagawa but then he sat next to you stiffly as his sister made some popcorn.

As the movie went on, the ravenette relaxed more and more between the two of you. 

You did the same and found yourself fighting to keep your eyes open as it got later.

Eventually your eyes won, and you fell asleep, unknowing, right on Akutagawa's shoulder. The mafioso stared down at you in surprise. 

You looked so sweet and innocent asleep against him, your warmth spreading across his body. Something inside of him melted a little and Akutagawa slowly and quietly reached over to pull a blanket up over you.

Gin gave him a soft knowing smile. "Looks like you can care for more than just me, brother."

--------------------

MMM again so short I'm so sorry I have a bunch of schoolwork and sports stuff going on right now so I'm struggling to find time to write. I may have to skip updating next week to give myself a small break but hopefully not! happy reading you guys and thank you all so much for the reads and votes they make me so unreasonably happy XD

Anyways, happy reading you all!!