Chapter 3:- A Gamble

"Greed is known by many things. It is also known as avarice, cupidity, or covetousness! It is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, goods, or objects of abstract value with the intention to keep it for one's self. It is applied to a markedly high desire for and pursuit of wealth, status, and power. And does it harm you? No! It gives you power! It gives you strength! Far beyond that of any mortal could ever hope to comprehend! With power you are untouchable."

-Mammon,
Paradise Lost.

8th July, 2005
15:45

"Yo Kiyotaka-kun, I am ready. Let's go."

Looks like he's already here. I changed into my usual fit and picked up the keys.

This is a pretty risky move. I would be forced to live like my classmates back when we were 1st years if things go wrong.

Regardless of that, my options were limited. I had to make full use of the power I had in control.

"Get on the bike. We are going to- oh."

It appears Takemichi understood my intentions to an extent. This time, he had brought Tachibana(naoto) with him without me asking.

"Well yeah, but inform me beforehand from now on. You wouldn't want me to bring him to a gang fight." I made it clear.

"Ah-ha of course I wouldn't want that. But it looks like you needed him this time too."

"That's true. Now if you may hop on? We have places to be."

I started the motorbike and lead us towards the north-west direction along with Tachibana and Takemichi.

"Oh by the way, does your sister know that you come along with us?"

"Well she does. Mainly because she trusts Takemichi-kun. She was curious about you and told me to be careful."

"I see." Takemichi started blushing due to that subtle compliment but I didn't mind it.

Tachibana must trust him a lot to have her brother go along with him and a stranger to far off places.

Though it goes without saying that Naoto Tachibana was quite sincere and calm.

"Uh where exactly are we going though? If you don't mind telling." Takemichi started getting impatient.

He must have realized by now that I am actually helping him. But I guess his restlessness got to him.

"We are going to a club."

"Ehhhhhhh?"

"Calm yourself. You don't want me to lose control of the bike, do you?"

"Right....my bad. But why exactly a club?"

"You will soon know."

It was already difficult to converse while wearing a mask and driving. Neither did I want him to jump off the bike out of shock.

Finally, we reached a less-crowded area of the bustling city. Though it only looked calm from the outside. It must be full of people right now.

"Just one advice. Don't panic. Stay calm and stay close to me." I said those words as our trio entered inside.

As soon as we stepped in, all eyes were on us. I could already hear some whispers but decided to ignore them.

I calmly entered and Tachibana and Takemichi followed. The latter was sticking close to me. Has he never been to a club before? The former despite being nervous, didn't show it on his face.