𝗂𝗑. 𝖧𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗈, 𝖬𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖡𝖾𝖺𝗋

26th of June.

"Beomgyu?" Y/N stumbled upon the stone steps. "Where are we going?"

"I told you, it's a secret."

Beomgyu had led her out of his building and into his car. They've been driving for what seemed like an hour until Y/N realized that they were heading somewhere beyond the outskirts. The moment she got out of the vehicle, she noticed the distant trees and vast clearing replacing the urban picturesque of Beverly. Beomgyu opened his trunk to grab a pretty, little straw hat. Around its crown was a white, lace hat band. Embroidered daises adorned the brim, making it look as if they grew into the rattan material. Smiling, he gave it to her.

"It suits you." Beomgyu complimented.

Y/N beamed, adjusting the headwear. "Whose hat is this?"

"My sister's. Don't worry, I'm sure she doesn't mind. Just don't lose it."

"I won't!"

Beomgyu took her by the hand. Together, they traced a rough path. They were headed towards a wall of shrubs. Y/N glanced around. The sky was blue. Birds chirped and flew beneath the giant, cotton clouds. The golden rays of the summer sun kissed their skins, sending warmth and vibrance throughout the foreign land. Y/N held on her favorite dress. Cool breeze teased the hem of her skirt, making it sway like the evergreen grass. Beomgyu parted the hedge and gasped.

"We're here!" He tugged on his friend. "Look, Y/N!"

The girl faced front. Before her was a carpet of bright green bermuda. A thin line of silver stream cut through the meadow like a slithering serpent. Various trees sprouted around. Flowers such as poppies and dahlias blossomed on the ground. A group of children ran in circles, playing tag. An ice cream vendor stood beside an old lamppost, ringing his bell. A young man stopped by for a cone. There was an old lady sitting on a bench, knitting a pair of gloves; her pet Shiba Inu gnawing viciously on a stuffed toy. A family of three strolled by the clear canal. Two balloons drifted upwards, causing a little boy to wail in panic. Y/N's jaw dropped.

"We're in a park near the outskirts." Beomgyu explained, entering the place. "You've never been here before, have you?"

"Not that I remember."

"Mm, thought so. Do you like it here?"

"Yes," Y/N nodded. "I feel youthful, Beomgyu. This is amazing."

"That's great then." He patted her back. "Let's create a lot of good memories today, shall we?"

"Heck yeah!"

Beomgyu watched her go. Y/N ran free with her arms spread wide, as if she was savoring the moment. To his awe, the same group of kids jogged up to her in glee. A round girl tugged on Y/N's apparel, causing her to pause.

"Hello, miss!" The child greeted. "You look very pretty!"

Y/N's face heated in fluster. "Why, thank you!"

"What's your name?"

"I'm Y/N." She grinned. "What about you?"

"My name's Jessa. These are my buddies."

"I'm Kael!" A tall boy chirped. "I really like your hat, Miss Y/N!"

"I'm Macey!"