𝗑𝗂𝗏. 𝖫𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝖡𝗎𝗍 𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽

25th of August.

Three days had passed. Beomgyu barely slept at all. He was up all night, sitting on his bed, waiting for his phone to ring. He was paranoid. He was stressed. He didn't bother showing up to work. He didn't let his friends know; not even Mr. Cho. He dedicated his precious time driving around Beverly in hopes to find Y/N.

He passed by Cornelia Street, he went to the park, he returned to the baywalk, he even entered the toy store. Nothing. Beomgyu carried the weight on his back, dreading.

"I walked through the door with you, the air was cold. But something about it felt like home somehow."

"And I, left my scarf there at your sister's house and you've still got it in your drawer even now."

He was yet again in the driver's seat, contemplating. He had been blasting his radio for a while now, listening. He was heading south, wind tousling his hair as he rolled the windows down.

Beomgyu glanced sideways. The empty passenger's seat remained untouched, waiting for its rightful occupant to come back. He heavily sighed.

"Oh, your sweet disposition and my wide-eyed gaze. We're singing in the car, getting lost upstate."

"Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place and I can picture it after all these days."

He heard his phone ring. He stopped by the gutter to pick up the call. It was Kevin. Beomgyu rolled his eyes.

"Yes?"

"Hey, bro." Kevin greeted. "Just wanted to check on y-"

"I'm not alright. I'm anxious and I'm fucking pissed. Thanks."

"Listen, man. Y/N's surely out there, safe and sound-"

"Safe and sound?" Beomgyu scoffed. "It's been three days, Kev! Three fucking days! Get out of here with your bullshit!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Look, Gyu, you've been missing a lot. The office needs you. Mr. Cho's no longer impressed."

"I don't give a damn."

"But-"

Scowling, Beomgyu dropped the call. He knew what he did was disrespectful, but he didn't want to waste his time thinking about the others. He stepped on the gas once again, his dry hands gripping on the steering wheel.

"And I know it's long gone and that magic's not here no more and I might be okay but I'm not fine at all."

"'Cause there we are again on that little town street. You almost ran the red 'cause you were lookin' over at me."

"Wind in my hair, I was there. I remember it all too well."

He halted near the intersection as the lights turned red. Tired, he threw his head back with a grunt. Intrusive thoughts clouded his poor mind, cursing him to oblivion.

What if Y/N was stuck in a bad situation? What if she was hurt? Has she eaten? Has she been getting enough sleep? Where could she be?