𝗑𝗂. 𝖳𝗈𝖽𝖺𝗒 𝖶𝖺𝗌 𝖠 𝖥𝖺𝗂𝗋𝗒𝗍𝖺𝗅𝖾

Choi Beomgyu.

2nd of July.

The more I grew familiar with Y/N's presence, the closer we bonded. I could finally notice her mood lift up as her month-long sadness and dull facade gradually disappeared. Her smiles turned brighter. Her giggles rang more often around the unit. She started dancing around, hummed jolly tunes, and cracked silly jokes every now and then.

Summer ticked the red digits off the calendar. The golden sun casted its warm rays through the curtained windows. Today, Y/N and I agreed to wash our clothes together. Knowing her, she loved playing with bubbles. So, I took a break off my job and stayed with her all day, bringing a soapy basin into the balcony and splashed as we brushed our shirts and pants.

"This morning, I saw a cookbook while I was in the storage." Y/N narrated, squeezing her blouse. "I flipped through it, but they were all vegetable-related recipes."

"Yeah," I grimaced. "My mom gave it to me years ago. She probably thought it'd be handy. Jokes on her, I don't like veggies."

"Vegetables are healthy, especially potatoes. I love potatoes."

"You can never hate on potatoes." I agreed. "They're versatile. You can fry them, bake them, turn them into crisps."

"See?"

"I just don't like the leafy greens and boy, don't even get me started with tomatoes."

Y/N gave me a weirded look. "A tomato isn't a vegetable, it's a fruit."

"Huh?" I frowned. "It is?"

"I think so."

Gagging, I discarded the topic. I shaped my right hand into a circle and blew. A wobbly bubble parted from my fingers and floated towards Y/N. She beamed, dipping her hand into the soapy water to replicate my actions. Two glistening bubbles now danced around each other, drifting lazily as sunlight hit their rainbow surface. I absently smiled.

"I don't usually handwash my clothes since I find it very exhausting," I confessed. "But, hey, at least you're here."

Y/N dunked her skirt into the basin. "What's that got to do with my presence?"

"You make things.." I trailed off. "..better."

Y/N's lips twitched into a flustered smile. I silently giggled at her cuteness. She pretended not to give a damn. She took a pair of socks, tossed it straight into the water, earning a splash, and scrubbed. I scooted closer.

"I'm almost done." She announced. "Hurry up, Beomgyu."

"Eh, the laundry can wait." I refused. "I just want to sit here and do nothing."

"Why?"

"No reason."

"Ah, of course." She haughtily scoffed. "I understand. You've already had had enough with your career anyway."

My ears perked up. "Hey, Y/N."

"Yeah?"

"What were your dreams? Your aspirations perhaps?"

"My dreams and aspirations," Y/N tapped her chin. "Well, I've always wanted to become a daycare teacher."

I fondly smiled. "Reason?"