𝗑𝗏. 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝖬𝖾 𝖭𝗈𝗍

25th of August.

That very night, Beomgyu had rushed Y/N to the nearest hospital. Somehow, she had regained consciousness as she laid on the plain, white bed. Petrified, the girl remained stiff. Her eyes anxiously lazed around, confused as to why and how she had come to such point. She was afraid to speak. She was wary of her surroundings.

Beomgyu did all he could to provide for her needs. He ran up and down the stairs, collected documents and receipts, barged in and out of the pharmacy, and drove to a closeby fastfood chain to buy her dinner. Y/N sat on the cold mattress, alone. She was waiting for him. She was starving.

"Hello," a nurse entered. "Good evening, darling."

Y/N turned to her, face stoic. "Hi."

"Mr. Choi will be back in a jitter, don't worry."

"Right. He'll be back."

"I'm here to check your vitals. So please, remain calm for me, ma'am."

"What is.." Y/N scooted away. "..that supposed to mean?"

The nurse smiled. "Here, allow me to show you."

She performed a brief check up on the girl. Y/N slightly trembled as she feared the unknown. However, upon hearing the nurse's gentle voice and sweet words of affirmation, she eventually settled down. The nurse was completely aware of her condition, hence she tried her best to understand. Y/N looked up at the ceiling, squinting.

"Who brought me here?"

"Mr. Choi did," the nurse informed.

"I see. Where did he go?"

"I'm not sure, miss."

"Did he leave me on purpose?"

"Hmm," the nurse tapped her chin. "I don't think so. Everything will be alright, miss. Please, relax."

"Am I sick?"

Y/N sounded lost and desperate. The nurse paid her a pitiful glance. She silently shook her head and scribbled on her notepad before exiting. Y/N puffed her cheeks in dismay. She turned to face the curtained window. Behind the clear glass, the small town of Beverly flaunted its nightly urban glow. Dozens of buildings lit up their lights, the busy traffic flickered in red and yellow beams, slim lampposts glowed in orange, and giant billboards shined in pearly white. Y/N frowned.

"Who brought me here?"

She shakily stood. Her sore arms gripped on the bedside table as she wobbled across the floor. Her thin, hospital gown draped to her ankles, flashing its mint green hue. Y/N took a step forward, only to fall on her knees. She let out a wince, feeling the bruises on her skin drum against her bones.

All of a sudden, she heard an eerie creak. A strong scent of vanilla filled the room as a series of footsteps resonated from behind. Y/N didn't have much time to register who it was as a pair of strong, yet gentle hands grabbed her.

"Baby," Beomgyu called, helping her up. "What are you doing?"

"I just.." Y/N avoided his gaze. "..wanted to get to the window."