𝖤𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾 : 𝖫𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋

12th of October.

"Careful now," Beomgyu chuckled. "There's the door, watch out. That's it."

"I can't see," Y/N complained. "What's this for?"

"Just wait for it, darling."

Beomgyu guided her to their bedroom. Y/N anxiously brushed her feet across the floor. There was a piece of cloth tied around her head and she was silently cursing underneath her breath as she had no clue what was going on. Beomgyu held her sweaty hands. He opened the door and pulled her in.

"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January. This is our place, we make the rules."

"And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear. Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?"

Y/N lowly hummed as the familiar melody struck her. She obliviously fumbled with her clothes, waiting.

"Can I peek now?"

Beomgyu grinned. "Are you ready?"

"Can't you tell?"

"Relax, darling." He sauntered behind her to undo the knot. "Here you go."

"Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever?"

"And ah, take me out, and take me home. You're my, my, my, my lover."

Y/N opened her eyes. It was a little blurry at first, but as soon as she was able to adjust her vision, she saw rose petals sprinkled all over their bed. Red balloons floated to the ceiling and photo garlands stretched from one wall to another. There was a box of chocolates on the nightstand. Shithead was propped against a big pillow, holding an I Love You card. Taylor Swift's voice filled the air as the radio played her song. Y/N turned around. Her lover stood before her, grinning. He was holding a bouquet of flowers.

"We could let our friends crash in the living room. This is our place, we make the call."

"And I'm highly suspicious that everyone who sees you wants you. I've loved you three summers now, honey, but I want 'em all."

Beomgyu approached his girlfriend, blushing. Y/N's face heated in fluster. She looked around once more and then back at him.

"What's the occasion?"

"It's been a year since we first met," Beomgyu cooed, handing the flowers to her. "I figured we should celebrate it because why not? Don't you remember?"

"No, I don't." Y/N breathed, staring at the bunch in her arms. "Wow."

"Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever?"

"And ah, take me out, and take me home. You're my, my, my, my lover."

Beomgyu chuckled. He ruffled his girlfriend's hair in awe, making her frown. Of course, she was still struggling to recall fragments from her past. But day by day, she was getting better. All thanks to her man who patiently guided her down the memory lane. Beomgyu stayed and persevered. He never let her go. Not even once.

"I got you something else," he whispered. "Wait here."

"But-"

"Tada," he presented her a red box. "Open it."

"Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand? With every guitar string scar on my hand."

"I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover. My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue."

Y/N placed the bouquet down and took the parcel in her hands. She gave it a slight shake, causing Beomgyu to subtly panic. She undid the white laces and threw the lid off. A loud gasp escaped her lips as she saw a tiny kitten crying. Its orange and white fur complimented the pink ribbon tied around its neck.

"Beomgyu!" Y/N exclaimed. "Wha-"

"That's our kid," Beomgyu kissed her cheek. "Y/N, meet Egg. Egg, meet your new mommy."

"All's well that ends well to end up with you. Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover."

"And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me and at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover."

Little Egg belted a loud meow. Elated, Y/N took him in her arms. She cradled the kitten like a newborn child. Beomgyu's grin widened. He immediately grabbed his camera to take a photo of the two.

Snap!

A new film rolled out in color. Beomgyu carefully clipped it along with the rest. Y/N stared up at the set of garlands. Pictures of her, Nana Mei, and Beomgyu met her twinkling gaze.

"Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever?"

"And ah, take me out, and take me home. You're my, my, my, my."

"Oh, you're my, my, my, my. Darling, you're my, my, my, my lover."

A sudden hit of nostalgia filled her senses. Placing Egg on the sheets, she turned to Beomgyu with a pout. Her man scurried over in concern.

"What's wrong, darling?"

"I have no gift for you," she mumbled. "I'm sorry."

"Baby, look." Beomgyu smiled. "Having you back in my arms is more than enough. I don't need anything else."

"But you bought me flowers, and Egg, and all these surprises. I wish I could've done the same."

"It doesn't matter, Y/N. I just want you here, that's all. Besides, nothing compares to the joy you bring."

Relieved, Y/N nodded. Beomgyu pulled her into a loving embrace. The cold wind blew through the open window, making the garlands sway. One of the Polaroids fell and landed on Y/N's lap. She picked it up and stared.

"Flip it over," Beomgyu suggested. "Go on."

Y/N did and read. "Our first kiss. Really?"

"Mhm," he smiled. "Wanna see more? Let's try to recall stuff today, shall we?"

Y/N agreed. She carried Egg once again and followed Beomgyu around the room. Together, they looked at the hanging photos, reminiscing yesterday at its beautifully crafted glory. Y/N thought to herself, maybe fate wasn't so cruel after all. Life thrusted her into meeting Beomgyu and honestly, who would've thought that some stranger would create such massive impact on her as time goes by?

She may have forgotten bits of her past and she maybe scared of the future, but with Beomgyu, she knew that she'll never tread down the same void again.

With her lover, she'll see the world in colors.

With him, she'll eventually remember the things she used to treasure..

..all too well.

End