cool vest

——————⋆◦★◦⋆——————

——————⋆◦★◦⋆——————

I push past the people on the street just searching for some kind of direction. I don't know who I'm gonna find. I don't know who I want to go to, or after.

Dad is being a dick.

Kate's mom has it out for me.

Blonde assassin ran but I might be able to find her.

Or I could just go home. Seek comfort in my mom.

Yeah, first I'll just get changed

Kate's burnt apartment building is the only place in mind where I can be away from the two archers so I decide to head up the stairs.

I just need to ice these bruises and clean the gash on my arm.

I push the apartment door open and I sigh as I shut it. I drop my vest and crack my neck.

"Cool vest right?"

I look up immediately pointing my staff at her. I sigh and say "Yes. It has tons of pockets."

She smiles and says "Very handy." I look to her now grunge and cool outfit and say "You changed outfits." She smiles and says "You didn't."

I look down to my clothes and she says "I am not armed. Relax.... Moose, right?"

I look up to her and say "What'd you just call me?"

She tilts her head to me and says "Natasha gave you those bracelets and the vest. You're Moose."

My face softens and I gasp. The staff dropping from my hand as the realization hits me. It clattering against the ground "You're Yelena."

She smiles and says "You're very smart." her Russian accent very vocal.

I shake my head quickly grabbing the vest from the ground "This is yours.... I uh..I've wanted to return it since she died but I couldn't find you."

Her face drops and she says "No, no, obviously she gave it to you for a reason. I'm making food if you'd like some."

I drop the vest and say "You tried to kill me and now you offer me food? Are you going to poison it?"

She laughs and says "I did not try to kill you! So dramatic! If I wanted to kill you I would have! I don't poison people. That's weird."

"You threw me off a building."

"No. No. No. I threw Kate Bishop and you grabbed on. Very sweet of you, protecting your girlfriend."

I glare at her and say "She isn't my girlfriend." Yelena smiles and says "Could've fooled me."

I scoff and say "Why did you come to Kate's apartment by the way?" She stirs the pasta water and says "I wanted food. I wanted to talk too. You're little friend isn't here yet. I am glad to see you now though. So, I presume your real name isn't moose now is it?"