003

thursday

ANAIS sighed as she closed the bathroom stall door behind her. she hung her bag on the hook, pushing down the toilet seat lid with her foot and sitting on the top. she dug into her pocket, looking for a lighter to go with the cigarette she held. eight period and it was thursday, only one more day if this bullshit before she could relax.

the door swung open again and she rolled her eyes.

"are you serious?" she whispered to herself. she perked through the cracks, there were two girls. a blonde and a brunette, the ones from the other day.

"do you think the concert will be cancelled?" one asked. anais rolled her eyes, doesn't anyone think about anything else?

"it better not be." a blonde answered. "i need to see him again."

the first girl laughed.

"what's funny?" the blonde asked.

"nothing, just wondering if he'll sing the song."

what song?

"he will, he wrote it about me."

american girls are unhinged.

there was another voice in the bathroom. "he wrote a song about you?" this was a different girl.

the brunette sighed, leaning her head against the wall and crossing her arms. "she's his girlfriend, why wouldn't he?"

the third girl gasped. "you're dating bex ryan?"

anais slapped her hand over her mouth, holding back a laugh.

the blonde nodded. "yeah, we're keeping it a secret though. he doesn't want the fans to know."

"does that mean you know marshal and anais?"

the blonde nodded again. "marshal is the best, the girl however.."

oh?

the door opened again, there were a bunch of girls this time. gym class was about to start in a few minutes so they all tried to hurry and change.

"who are we talking about?" another voice asked. there were spritz of perfume and deodorant heard. many conversations flew at once but she was only worried about one.

"wildchild, dina's boyfriend bex."

the new girl laughed. "yeah right, bex isn't your boyfriend."

"yes, he is."

there was another voice. "no he's not." this voice was familiar. anais squinted her eyes, there was a flash of red hair. it was the max girl from lucas' friend group.

"what was that, mayfield?"

max scoffed and turned around. "dina stop lying. he's a famous rocker and a teenager boy, there's no way he's dating a girl that's from hawkins. they've never even toured here, how would you have met?"

exactly max!

dina scoffed. "the north america tour of 1984. chicago."

"sure." max said sarcastically, beginning to change. anais kept an ear on the conversation but began to change clothes as well. might as well get ready while you listen to someone spew bullshit.

"like i was saying," dina continued. "marshal is cool but anais is a total bitch. she's real stuck up, and i think she's a little jealous."

for fucks sake.

some of the girls laughed. "maybe hawkins will humble her."

"give her a break." max said again. anais raised an eyebrow, fixing her gray shirt.