009

what happens in chicago
stays in chicago.

monday, october 1st. 4:35 pm.

"REMIND again me why we're taking a 15 year old girl out the state when she has school tomorrow morning?" robin asked, looking at anais from the rear view.

"i'm 16," anais spoke, pointing a finger. "well at least i will be on the 31st."

"you were born on halloween?" steve asked glancing at the backseat. "dude that is so cool."

anais smiled and nodded. "very, it's my favorite time of year. slasher films, blood and money. what more could i want?"

robin laughed a little. "you're a little extreme for a freshman."

anais groaned, "i'm supposed to be a year above."

she turned in the chair. "shit, really?"

"mhm, my papers got all fucked up so i'm redoing.. what do you americans call it? freshman year?"

steve nodded.

"that's so dumb."

steve and robin both looked at each other before looking back on the road. "here's the plan," steve said, glancing at anais from the rear view. "we get there around 5:45, shop for an hour, grab food, and get back around 8:45 to 9ish. i don't need you coming home too late and your parents going after my head."

anais laughed making steve turn slightly. "what's funny?"

"the fact you think i have parents, and the fact you think they'd even give a shit what time you get home."

robin furrowed her brows. "wait so if you don't live with your parents who do you live with?"

"no one."

steve damn near crashed. "no one?!" he got on to the freeway and started driving towards the fourth exit.

anais shrugged. "yeah, what's the big deal?"

"the big deal is that you're like 12-"

"okay i am literally two years younger than you?"

"doesn't matter," steve said. "robin, isn't it weird they live by themself?"

robin took a second before nodding. "i mean yeah, a little. but it's not like they don't have neighbors on either side."

"still! it's not safe."

"steve," anais smiled. "i adore that you care so much. but just shut up and drive please."

•••

after the three shopped around for a bit, anais had gotten hungry and was sat in the food court eating. prada sunglasses clad on her face as she munched on some lo mein. robin walked over, dropping a magazine on the table next to her.

"look what i found in the jewelry store."

anais took one looked at the print and rolled her eyes deeply. teen idol beat, and of course her name was on the front cover for the 'sneak peak inside'.

"get that away from me, like actually." she spoke, pushing it and biting into a piece of chicken.

"you want to read this ana, trust me." robin said she pushed it back to her.

she sighed before beginning to read. "it seem that in anais' absence, bex has found other company. of course he has." she rolled her eyes. "just weeks after he was seen kissing young higgins at the airport befofe her flight, sources have caught him making out with model Julie Fairchild in the hilton hotel elevator..." robin could see the change of emotion in her face even behind her sun glasses and feel it in her voice. anais took a breath, clearly the news was a hard blow