017

wednesday, october 11th 6:55 am

WHEN mike woke up that morning there was no longer the warm feeling of ana laying next to him. he yawned a bit before stretching and sitting up in the bed. there was a blurry yellow thing that clouded his vision and it took him a second to realize there was a post-it on his forehead. he peeled it off and read it:

'morning lover boy, i'm on the roof :)'

mike got out of bed and walked over to his window which was already open, he stuck his head out of it to see anais sitting on the roof in his shirt with a notebook in her lap and a pen in her hands. the air was foggy and it smelt like rain.

"why are you on the roof?"

ana looked over at him and smiled. "because it's the perfect weather for writing inspiration. come, sit." she waved him over and mike hesitantly crawled out the window and sat next to her, leaning over to look at her notebook and immediately raising a brow.

"..i eat boys?"

"mhm," anais nodded. "it's a new song for the album."

"can i see the lyrics?"

anais clicked her pen and passed him the book. mike looked at the lyrics.

"pull out your teeth and take your soul?" he smiled, "this is some scary shit. i love it."

anais smiled and took the book back from him, beginning to finish the second verse but leaving the chorus untouched.

"you going to school today?"

"no," she shook her head. "i'm going into the studio to record today and i have a hair appointment.." she trailed off in thought and never took her eyes off the book.

"will you be here when i get back?" his voice sounded hopeful. anais turned her head and gave him a small smile before leaning in close to his face and whispering, "only if you want me to."

he leaned closer, "i want you to be."

anais kissed the bridge of his nose, "then there i am."

mike smiled at the girl and kissed her forehead before climbing back into his window and going to shower. anais stayed outside for a few more moments after that, enjoying the peacefulness the roof offered. she climbed back in not too long after, making her way to the bathroom just in time to see mike getting out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"ou, nice surprise this morning wheeler." she enjoyed the look of red on his face as mike walked back to his room. after anais showered she wrapped a towel around her and walked into mike's room which was empty meaning he was downstairs eating breakfast. she quickly got dressed in a lilac crotchet bralette with a few seashells hanging from the bottom by the crop. for pants she chose gray cargos with a white belt. after that she did her hair in a high puff with swooped edges. then she dug in mike's closet, pulling out a black sweater and threw it over the bralette.

anais grabbed her bag and walked downstairs, mike's dad was sat in the recliner chair reading the morning paper with a cup of coffee, mrs wheeler was sat next to holly and mike was standing in the kitchen.

"good morning." she felt a bit awkward intruding into their kitchen.

"good morning sweetie." karen smiled, it was genuine and warm.

mr wheeler only looked up at her for a second before glancing at his son and raising an eyebrow.

"hey, i saved you a waffle." mike said as anais walked towards him, he slid her a plate.