Chapter Eighteen - uneditted

Thank you RachelleCordero for this picture!

---

Closing in on the seventh month of my pregnancy, I was just tired.

"So does the children being gone for the day mean I get to sleep the whole time?" I asked as I stretched.

He shook his head. "No, we're not staying in bed all day."

I groaned and turned on my side to face him.

"I'm too big to do anything, Mikko." I said looking down at the ever growing belly attached to me.

He scrunched up his face in disinterest. "Not with that attitude. Get up. We're going to do something."

"Like what?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he sat up. "I don't know what we're going to do yet."

"Maybe we should take one of Finn's expensive cars for a joy ride."

I saw Mikko's smirk appear instantly. "I think that's a fantastic idea. Get ready. I'll go get the car"

That was the right kind of motivation I needed to get up and dressed quickly... quickly for me.

When I heard the purring of one of Finn's muscle cars, I knew Mikko was back. I pulled my wet hair into a french braid and met Mikko outside.

It felt amazing to be child and care free. I loved them all, but mommy needed a break.

My braid whipped around as Mikko drove. The car was fast around the twists and turns. Had I not been used to Mikko's driving already, I would have feared for my life. He took the car to it's limits with every turn.

Before I knew it, Mikko stopped.

We were at the one waterfall on the pack lands. To say it is a waterfall would be a bit dramatic. It was only 5 feet tall and fed into a lake 20 feet across before continuing to a stream.

It was peaceful, which would have normally made this spot a haven for the wolves. They were stressed most of the time and would seek out somewhere to rest.

"Did everyone leave because they knew you were coming?" I asked as Mikko got out of the car.

The smile was on his face as he walked towards the water. "More like: they left because you were coming."

I frowned. "I didn't want to drive people away."

"I know," he replied with a small nod. "They wanted to give us alone time." He let out a weak laugh. "They want us to have the alone time for me to woo you."

I let out a laugh as I shut the door. "Woo me?"

He nodded and walked towards the water. "The pack has wanted us together since before I brought you here."