Chapter Twenty-Seven

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time. My father recently passed away after a short battle with cancer. I've been off of my game for a while and figured I should get something up.

Finn waited until I was completely in the room before closing the door behind me

Finn waited until I was completely in the room before closing the door behind me. He didn't lock the door, but no one would come in there knowing that Finn wanted privacy with me.

"You were very brave tonight," he casually stated as he walked over to his desk. "However, this doesn't stop my concern over the mark you have given my son."

It took all I had not to roll my eyes at Finn. This had been a very rough night and the mark on Mikko was the farthest thing from my mind at the second.

"I know that Mikko has to mark me in return. We've already discussed this." I clipped. I was not very happy with Finn.

Finn sighed. "You're angry with me."

Obviously, I thought darkly. It didn't take much to come to that conclusion

"The bond has to be completed to prevent from what happened to Alexia to another wolf."

I knew what happened to her. She came to Finn's pack after having her pack bonds torn apart and tainted. Luckily, she was a new werewolf and not used to the pack bonds. Had her wolf been old and experienced, she would've had to been put down, her wolf driven into madness. This couldn't be allowed to happen anymore.

"I know why Finn. That's only part of why I am mad at you."

Finn sat down at his desk, leaving me standing, giving me the high ground.

He nodded once. "You're mad because I sent Mikko upon you."

I nodded, feeling my emotions crack, making my eyes go misty. Finn had changed my life so drastically.

"Did you know what would happen?"

Finn took a deep breath and released it slowly, soothing himself. "I had a pretty good idea of what would happen when he saw you." He let that hang in the air for a moment. "I didn't know the full scope of consequences," he looked down at the sleeping baby in my arms, "but I can't say that I have regrets."

If I had known how my life would have ended up, I wasn't too sure I wouldn't go through it all again. I had four beautiful children, which I had no regrets over.

I moved the sleeping baby, now feeling a raw, dull ache on my chest, right where the necklace now sat.

I looked down my shirt and grabbed the chain. It tugged at my skin. There was a black burn on my chest. I was amazed that I hadn't noticed it before, and now that did, it ached deeply.

Finn looked concerned. "What's wrong?"

"Using the necklace burned me."

I felt pack bonds tug again seconds before Mikko strolled into the room.

Mikko squatted down and lifted my shirt, just to the burn, not revealing more than necessary from his father. He touched the tender spot for a moment before shaking his head.

"It's just a burn." He got up and went to one of the closets.

I looked over at Finn. "What were you so worried about?"

Finn didn't answer, so Mikko did. "Sometimes witches curse objects before they're given to others. It could have been a curse to take the life of the one who uses it."

I whipped my head to look over at him, caught completely off guard. "And that's not something I should've been told before?" Why would Mikko let me use something that might have killed me?

He shook his head, obviously knowing where my mind was going. "I had the pack's witch look over the pendant. She said it was exactly what Clare had told us."

I looked at Finn. "But you weren't sure."

Finn shrugged. "Witches aren't always truthful, even when paid regularly by the pack."

Mikko squatted down in front of me once more, this time with a first aid kit. He tucked my shirt in underneath the bra I was wearing, startling me for a moment. He didn't even pause what he was doing.

He had a task to do.

"So I could've died twice tonight then," I spat out at Finn before thinking about it before I said it.

Mikko paused, going so still he could've doubled for a statue.

He only moved again after stating, "But you didn't."

"You'll tell me the risks next time."

Mikko nodded once. "I don't think Clare would've wanted to kill you. In her own way, I think she liked you." Mikko adjusted my shirt, covering every inch of skin he could.

I let out a long sigh and looked down at the sleeping baby. "I would've taken the risk anyway."

Then Finn commanded our attention with, "You need to complete your bond tonight."

I looked over at Mikko and noticed he was staring intensely at Finn. They were both keeping eye contact. Mikko was challenging Finn.

I dropped a hand from the baby to hold Mikko's. There was no point of fighting it. We had to get this over with. Mikko's brows scrunched, then he looked over at me, effectively ending the challenge.

"It's inevitable," I succumbed.

Mikko just stared at me.

Finn on the other hand, ordered us out of his house and not to return until our task was completed.

When we got home, the children all stayed asleep. I brought the baby's bassinet into Mikko's room and soothed the baby to a sound sleep. Mikko was in charge of getting the triplets into their cribs. There was no point to keeping the baby with the triplets because he would be waking up too often to feed.

I was nervous as I waited for Mikko. It felt like an eternity before he slowly came to his room. He leaned against the doorway.

"We don't have to do this now. We can wait. We just can't go over to Finns."

I shook my head. "We'll finish what I started."

He didn't say anything as he came to the bed. He pulled off his shirt. "How do you want to do this?"

"However it's meant to be done."

He raised an eyebrow at me with a small smirk. "You want to consummate our bonding?"

"Will it hurt if we don't?" I really didn't want this to hurt.

He nodded. "Mine hurt."

"Then yes."

Mikko reached across the bed and grabbed an ankle, pulling me to him. I felt my heart rate spike as excitement shot through me.

"Try not to yell too loud. The baby's sleeping." He taunted before he brought his lips down to mine in a claiming kiss.

--------------------