Chapter Twenty-Two

Thank you ShyDoll97 for the picture

---

Mikko POV

Shock wasn't something that I experienced often anymore. It has been a long time since anything had been able to shock me. Emily did. Her pain seared through the bond that I had on her. Someone was attacking Emily.

Once the initial shock, I a high alert signal was sent reverberating through the pack bonds. The change started without my control. The wolf was at the surface with me now. I could feel through the bond that it was that bastard Jones who was attacking her.

He's going to die.

All I had was the last place she had been. Miles away. I wouldn't get there quickly enough to help her. I sent those on patrol, who were already changed in that general direction, leaving a skeleton crew to protect the house.

Finn was already with the children. He would stay with them.

I could feel the power surging through the pack bonds. I was a wolf completely and out the shattered doorway in a fraction of the time.

I started in the general direction I had felt her pain. There was no more connection to her. Jones had torn the mark out by the root, which meant she was bleeding.

I ran faster.

I felt tugging through the pack bonds as I continued to run.

I expanded the bonds with those I had sent before me. They were at least 10 minutes ahead of me.

They were still running.

It felt like I was running in waist deep water, but I couldn't push myself any faster.

The enforcers are now surrounding the house; the children will be safe. I could tell that he was distracting the children in their playroom.

Any worries I had about the children were wiped away. It would take a well-trained army to get to them with enforcers and Finn guarding them.

All I could think about as I ran was: why?

Why would she go meet him? I knew that she put too much trust in the people she thought she knew. But going alone?

It was another 5 minutes before the enforcers sent anything through the pack bonds.

We've found Jones' body. They say it's his scent, but we can't ID him. One echoed through the bonds.

I felt relief at that at least. She had at least managed to kill him.

I found her. Philip said through the pack bonds. He too was in his wolf form. Her scent's changed. She's also carrying something. I could feel his hesitation. She's Changed.

I slowed. If she changed while pregnant, she would've lost the child. I felt a pang in my chest at the thought.

Stalk her in the right direction home. Philip would make sure she was unharmed. I sent those who were following me in her direction to guard her home.