Chapter Seven

Thank you DaniStypayhoralikson for the cover!

---

Emily's POV

Mikko slammed the door when he came into the house. The vibrations rattled the ceiling and floorboards. Startled, everyone in the room looked over. I was surprised that the wooden frame around the door wasn't cracked.

We only saw a flash of him, but it was enough to see his fury. His hands were clenched into fists, his shoulders and arms bulging from the intensity of his anger, his jaw was clenched and strained, and his eyes were so golden they glowed. His anger was easily seen and felt. He was a blast wave of heat.  

When he was out of sight, I turned back to how I had been before and gave Nikki a look that only she could understand. The toddlers were looking at each other with some kind of invisible communication between the three, I could almost feel it.  

"What happened to him?" Nikki asked quietly as she settled in again.  

My dad looked at me. "You should go see what happened." 

I threw a hitch-hiker thumb over my shoulder. "Did you see the big bad wolf that came through that door?" I asked in disbelief. I couldn't see any reason why he would want his only daughter to go check on the moodiest werewolf known to creation.

He nodded. "I saw. You need to go check on him." 

A crash came from the hallway. "He's a grown man."

Reluctantly, I stood up.  

"I don't think this is a good idea." I stayed frozen in my spot just in case they said I should stay with them. Let the grown man settle his own issues. It was obvious that he never wanted anyone to help him out anyway.

"Whether you like it or not, you're the only person he's got that he can talk to, Em." 

I let out the breath I had been holding. I didn't want to be the one to disturb Mikko.  

Reluctantly, and very slowly, I walked towards Mikko's room. I was very nervous. I didn't want to be on the receiving end of Mikko's fury.  

I lightly tapped my knuckles against the door before pushing it open. I didn't enter his room; I just let the door expose the room. A pile of wooden scraps and fabric was where his bed used to be.  

Mikko was in the far corner of the room, sitting braced against the wall with arms resting on his knees. His head was hung, but I wasn't naive enough to believe that he didn't know I was there. He had probably heard my protests.  

Now that I could was able to take a good look at him, I could see that he was covered in blood. I didn't know whose blood it was, or what had happened, but I couldn't get too close to Mikko if he was coming down from a bloodlust high. 

I had witnessed that a lot in my father's pack. Winning a challenge that resulted in a fatality, or a near one, created such a euphoric high that it was best to keep humans, women, and children away from the wolf.