Chapter Twenty-Three

Thank you MissFlawless_isnt_me for the picture

---

We went into Finn's, surprisingly, empty office. It was by far, the most sound-proof room in the house. Mikko shut the door behind us and locked it.

"Now you're going to explain to me what happened." Mikko stated as he walked to one of the two armchairs in the room.

I was nervous. I knew my reason for going wasn't going to be what he wanted to hear. I knew that he wasn't going to like it no matter which way I told him, so I just had to get it out.

"I went because I thought he might have something I wanted to hear."

Mikko just looked at me, still and non-blinking. He was waiting for me to continue.

I sighed and went to the sofa and sat down.

"I know the way you were probably raised was way different than how I was. I wasn't ever taught to instantly assume the worst in people."

Honestly, I didn't even want to look at him. In hind sight, I was wrong. I shouldn't have trusted JJ.

"He was my best friend, even before Nikki." I sighed, rubbing the frustration that settled behind my eyes. "That meant something to me, and I thought it might have for him too. I thought that he just wanted to get the drama that happened with him and you in the past for peace in the packs."

"After I broke his jaw." Mikko interjected dryly.

"Yes." I gave a huff. "Nikki's always told me that I give people too many tries."

"You do."

I looked over at him. "You shouldn't judge that too hard. That's probably the reason why your latest son was born."

Mikko shook his head. "There was another reason that child was born and it had nothing to do with second chances."

"I really don't know how to explain what happened in a way that would be satisfactory to you Mikko."

He turned his neck, cracking and releasing the tension building up in his neck. "I don't think so either."

"I'm sorry I went."

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I knew he was mad, that much was obvious, but he was trying to control it.

"You're not to make rash decisions anymore. Maybe I should keep you away from other packs all together."

I closed my eyes and turned my face away from him. All I've done is implemented more rules into what was probably going to be a really long life. I didn't want to live on egg shells.

"I didn't do a terrible job keeping my shit together Mikko." I looked over at him. "Tell me any wolf you've known that have controlled their first change?" I met his eyes in an obvious challenge. "I'll wait if you need some time."