Ch 1: Promise.

I'm putt Minecraft so my for every chapter, you don't have to listen to it if you don't want to

"Morning Quiff," A blonde man tiredly mumbled in a low voice, as he walked slowly in the kitchen. "Oh hi Lynix, how was your night?" Quiff asked and Lynix only put a thumbs up in response then plopped himself on one of the kitchen island's stool. The sound of a cooking furnace fills the room following with it's aroma, Lynix's roomate finished cooking and plated the food sitting down next to Lynix and giving him his plate. "Enjoy," Quiff ate up his breakfast and dashed out, leaving Lynix and his steak alone. "Oh well I guess I'm collecting wood again." Lynix finished his food quickly then grabbing his iron axe, he exits the house toward the forest 1000 blocks away with intent to get wood.

~meanwhile~

A blonde guy with cold blue eyes just wandered into the forest "Quiff will be proud I got this fancy spruce" he begins swinging his silver axe on the tree each hit causing a loud thump sound. "Hey," Doni smirks, leaning against the tree Lynix was trying to chop. He stumbles back startled "Who are you?!" Lynix exclaimed "My name's Doni, what's yours "Lynixity, you can call me Lynix" Doni smiles warmly "Lynix... cute." Lynix grinned back, he proceeded to cut the tree down which Doni watches closely. "Where do you live? I haven't seen you around here" Lynix responded gleefully "Just 1000 block that way, you?" Doni points toward the forest direction "300 blocks this way, not too far  from here" he grabs the blonde's arm and dashes to the clearing in the forest "Tada!" He gazes at the beautiful way the trees leaned it toward the house creating a natural shade and a dirt path towards it he took a few steps back to see better. "Woah amazi-" Lynix stumbles downward into a cave and grabbing Doni's sleeve pulling him down the hole as well unintentionally. Both fell into the steep hole too dark to see in, at least for Lynix...

Doni freaks out in the cold dark realising he's about to shape shift, it was too late however as his eyes turned emerald green and wings out his back ripping through the back of his clothing causing two extra holes.where his wings burst through. Lynix waves his arm in the darkness trying to find Doni and grabs his shoulder, moving his hand down his arm to hold Doni's hand. "We need to hold on to each other," Lynix chuckled "Just in case." Doni felt his face heat upon hearing that, he tried ignoring it by changing the subject "Maybe we should go this direction," Doni has night vision however he wants to keep his owlish tendencies hidden, instead he would act unsure as well. They both slowly crept deeper in the darkness where Doni could see has an upward path, maybe leading to an exit. Winding cave walls and twisting tunnels made it hard for the blonde to stay upright and maintain balance. Lynix tripped over a lot. "Hey! I see a light!" Doni switches his view from Lynix's shorter form to the soft warm orange glow, if Lynix could see light he could see Doni's wings. He immediately shifted back into human.

"Let's go further, c'mon" Lynix crawls through the narrow pathway towards the blinding light. "A lush cave" Lynix saw axolotls leaping out of the underground river leading outward, grabbing Doni's hand, he ran towards the exit. "Free!" Doni smiles to see daylight, he gets so excited not noticing Lynix stare at him. "Doni? Why is your jacket and shirt ripped out the back" Doni realised his mistake of accidentally shapeshifting and turns to Lynix with worry. "Don't tell anyone." He shapeshifts his wings and tail back and his iris' turning bright green. "I'm- not human..." Lynix gasps at the sight "you're an owl?!" Doni chuckles nervously "A shapeshifter..." he covers his face with his hands and wrapped his wings around too, letting out a muffled sigh. "I'm so sorry if you don't wanna be friends now" Lynix pulled his wings and hands away, and gazes deep in Doni's eyes as the slowly turn brown "Of course I'll be your friend and I won't tell anyone unless you ask me to" Doni smiles wearily "Promise?" Lynix gives a reassuring look "Promise." Doni wraps his arms around Lynix and shortly after he returned it.