sixty-five: what have I done?

recap

"your just like me Y/n" Dodger says with a hand behind his back.

"No I am not like you" she spits

"are you sure look around, do hero's kill this many people, evil runs in your veins just like it does mine, your a killer Y/n just like me!" Y/n's knuckles turn white from gripping onto the dagger so tightly, she raises the dagger and plunges it toward her fathers chest.

now

It happened too quick

before the dagger could hit him, Sam pushes him out of the way and the dagger is embedded into his chest. Y/n's eyes widen, tears forming in her eyes. Dodger looks at his son stunned, dropping the knife in his hand he watches the scene unfold.

 The avengers return to the room shocked at the sight in front of them.

The room is silent

The clanking of metal is all that is heard as she removes the blade from her brothers body. And drops it to the floor. The sound of the blade clattering is all that she hears as she catches her brother as he coughs up blood and stares at the wound in his chest.

"why did you do that?" she asks, as she presses her hands on the wound and starts panicking looking from her hands to the face of her brother.

"because...... you are nnno-thing like...him" he mutters. She cries pressing harder onto the wound.

"No Sammy don't leave me. Don't leave me you hear me? KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN" She yells voice strained and raspy.

"promise... m-e, you wo-n't lllet this ruin...you" he says, voice wavering as his eyes glass over. Y/n shakes her head

"no no, Sam, Sammy, don't you dare leave me!" she moves her hand and moves hair out of his face. She grips on to his body tightly as her body starts trembling as she cries.

She doesn't hear anything around her, she doesn't hear Bucky and Steve handcuff Dodger.

Instead she lets go of her brothers lifeless body and stares motionless at the scene in front of her, at her brothers body and at her blood stained hands

'monster'

'evil'

'just like me'

the thoughts, words of her dad ringing in her head, his voice being not the only one echoing in her seemingly hollow mind

'pathetic girl'

'worthless'

'unloved'

the eerie silence lasting for what felt like a century before Fury ran up to his adoptive daughter, his child, the girl he raised and cared for. And just hugged her. The numb girl reluctantly hugs him back although still looking at the corpse of her twin.

"its ok" the words sounding so far away, but were drowned out as she zones out and focuses on the fact that she murdered her own twin brother.

"Sir what do we do with Dodger?" Steve ask, still holding the now handcuffed man, Y/n shifts her gaze to make eye contact with him and Dodger smirks. Not reacting Y/n just casts her eyes to her hands covered in her brothers blood. 

"Just take him away" Maria mutters.

Tony finally coming to reality gets out of his suit and runs up to y/n. who still hugs fury absent minded.

Fury noticing the worried boyfriend smiles slightly and shifts the weak grip off him and around Tony.

Tony hugging his girlfriend and freeing Fury completely from the hug,  hugs his love tightly yet gently as if she would break.

"y/n" Tony cooed quietly. The words don't sound as distant as before and Y/n flinches as if the word was something horrifying, frightening. Tony ignores the reaction and starts running is fingers through her hair, helping her tensed body relax.

"Tony?" her voice cracks, dry from not speaking, the sound barely above a whisper brings a smile to the genius's face. Tony looks to the team and smiles giving them a small nod

"its ok baby, I'm here" Y/n curls into her boyfriends chest gripping onto his shirt ever so tightly

"I'm sorry" she whispers only Tony can hear, however he knows she is not talking to him, and is talking about Sam. He scrunches his face up and looks down at her, running his fingers through her hair.

"Y/n" he says softly, he shuffles her around so he can look at her face. Y/n refusing to make eye contact stares at the now bloodied hand prints on Tony's white shirt.

Tony notices and takes her hands in his

"don't apologize, its not your fault he" he tries to sooth his girlfriend by placing small kisses on her bloodied hands.

"but it is my fault, everything is my fault" she mumbles standing up and moving away from Tony, the body and toward the team, the exit.

not prepared for the sudden movement Tony stumbled backwards and the team turn to Y/n. Fear evident in their eyes, taking notice of their sudden reaction she freezes.

"Hey hey everything is ok" Fury says stepping between the team and his daughter

"how can we be sure Nick?" Nat asks Y/n cannot see Fury's reaction but she glanced between her former friends, noticing how scared they are of her. She smile sadly and closes her eyes. Body going transparent as she portals away.

"dammit" Fury curses. Looking at Tony and F/n who nod and go to find her

However the now grieving sister only teleported to a platform above the scene, so she can still see what is happening. Looking away from her brothers body, she shifts her gaze to Coulson and cries as she sees him motionless. 

Looking back at the team, she realizes something

she is causing so much pain, unintentionally....

Just by purely being apart of their lives they are on edge, cautious around her. Pained by what has become of her, saddened at the hardships she has gone through.

She is harming her friends, her family, especially Tony and F/n.

As the team stand there unsure of what to do, Y/n notices the look of determination and hope is not present. They know she is lost, this time there is no saving Y/n.

"Y/n?" F/n calls behind her. The girl turns and sees her best friend's face, tear stricken she stands and runs to her and hugs her. F/n hugs back tightly as her friend cries and trembles in her arms.

"what have I done?" she cries. 

A/n: 

side note I watched Spiderman No way Home today..

It was amazing, still processing everything tbh.

Have you guys seen it?

What did you think of it?

Also only a couple of chapters left