💥 : Gossip

Yesterday night, Soobin cut my hair short.

I'll admit it, it's a change. I feel like some weight has been lifted off. I'm excited to show the others, mostly.

Soobin turns to me with that look. "Well boy," he starts. "It's your moment."
"You're making it much more nerve racking, please stop~" My shaky voice makes him laugh.

"Going past the gate isn't so hard," I say, pretending I'm totally not under pressure. I walk past the dark iron school gate and turn to him.

"See? That was-"
"DAMMMN BEOMGYUU, NICE CUT MAN!" I jump at a loud voice from behind.

"Oh, Seungcheol, Seungkwan, hi guys...!" While I have all these hands touching and feeling my hair, Soobin observes. He laughs quietly at the view. This confident jerk.

"Hi, Beomgyu!"
"Hey!"
"Nice haircut, it suits you."
"Wassup, man!"
As I walk in school, people are greeting me. More than ever. All I wanted was to feel surrounded by people who appreciate me for once, and it's only happening more and more... I can't quite process it.

Maybe I really made my way to being the center of the popular guys, along with Soobin and Yeonjun.

It feels weird to say that, and even weirder to say it feels amazing. To think that I've hated Soobin and could've ended my life because of his words... But we talked a lot about the subject. Sometimes with Yeonjun. Just to make sure we were and are always on the same page.

But sometimes, Soobin and I kiss And Yeonjun just doesn't know that... yet.

When Soobin leaned in for that kiss the first time, I felt taken aback. But as it went on, I decided to let it carry me wherever. It was good. Kissing him, I mean. It messes me up a bit because I don't know if I'm gay, bisexual, or anything. I just know it's a secret, and we both like it like that.

We hide in bathrooms or in each other's room during sleepovers. Sometimes, it's outside right before school starts. Or after.

It's weird. All of this. But it's alright.

"Today was kind of easy."
"I know, right? Best way to end a busy week."
"I ACED our chemistry assignment."
"Right, you guys had it later than us."

Among the kings of the grade, there are students who are in different groups. We have the same teachers but they give the same assignments at different times in the week.

We're all waiting for the first bus to arrive, talking amongst ourselves, soon to be heading home. Unfortunately for Soobin and I, that means more hiding.

"Dude, I heard you broke up with Lia?"
"Yeah." I look up at him. She broke up with him though, I know the whole story...

Good half-lie.

As the boys express their reactions openly, Soobin shrugs. "It had to happen," he responds to some. "It was toxic between us."
"Are you looking for dating again?"
"Noooo, noooo..."

Soobin's deep voice hits me harder when he's lying, somehow. His hand playfully snakes my waist. I flinch. This guy. He knows exactly what he's doing.

"I never had my eyes on anybody else."

Uhm? Is he pretending to talk about Lia? In front of me? To me? AAAAAAAAAA?????

"Beomgyu, you okay?" Seokmin asks, getting the attention of every gaze with his naturally loud voice. As always.
"You a'ight?" Soobin asks softly.