𝑅𝑒𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑠 ; PART ONE

❝  I am out with    
lanterns,
looking for
    myself   

━━  Emily Dickinson

RENATUS
━━━━━━
PART ONE

        For a girl from a small town burgeoning itself with humanly worries, Kate has more cosmic puzzles to ponder. What happens after the heart stops beating holds more interest to her than what happens while it is alive.

        Everyone knows how a person exists. But no one has proof of what lies beyond the eventual precipice of mortal death. Where does the soul go? The tales from ages back, direct lost souls of unrest back to the realm of flesh and bone, but they never say how it would feel.

        The objectivity in the spirituality never lets Kate sleep.

        Probably because deep down in her heart that used to be excited for college, there is a fragment of her soul telling her she is destined for something more. Something darker and far greater.

        And in Mystic Falls, ask for death and death shall you greet.

        Renatus means rebirth. It sounds so hopeful, so triumphant. A life rising from the ashes with a renewed sense of passion and purpose. What people often forget is for one to be born again, one must die.

        Purgatory might be real, for Kate has been living in it ever since her parents died in front of her.   

ALLURE
━━━━━━
IRENE SMITH