How Amy became the mother of Cream?

Vanilla has always wanted to have kids, but after her husband died and everything that happened with Eggman, her health took a turn for the worse.
(In the hospital)
Vanilla: Amy Dear, I know we've been through a lot since the beginning of this, and I'm sorry for troubling you and your cousin, but may I ask you something?
Amy: Of course, anything at all!
Vanilla: Will you...take my baby? You've always been like a baby sister to me. I can't really see her being with anyone else, and I'd trust your family with my life. If anyone takes care of her, I'd want it to be you. I would also be okay if you want Shadow to be the father of my baby.
Amy: Of course, I will, and I know that Shadow would love to be your baby's daddy, but we're not giving up just yet! That's not our style! (Hugs Vanilla)
Vanilla: (Hugs back)
Of course, not everything has a happy ending.
Doctor: (Talks to Rob'O and Amy) We'll have to keep the child in incubation for the next month and half, she's still early...
Rob'O: (Comforts Amy) It's alright... She...knew this would happen. I think we all did. We just denied it. (Hugs Amy)
Amy: Oh Rob'O (Hugs his back)
  After Vanilla passed away, Amy stayed in the hospital because she felt like her job wasn't done. She wasn't alone though; she didn't go all crazy. Her family and friends were there to get her through things.
Shadow:(Arrives and brings flowers to Amy.) Hey... Sorry about this. I thought, you might need some company.
Amy: Thanks Shadow, I've been busy with my job and... overworking myself so I can feel better.
Shadow:(Sigh) Come here. (Hugs Amy)
Nurse: Excuse me. Miss Rose, you've been cleared to see Cream.
Amy: Thank you.
Shadow: Mind if I come?
Amy: Yes, please.

(Nursery Room)

Amy:(Kept on staring at Cream)
Shadow: You know you can hold her now, right?
Amy: I know, its just that...I've been thinking.
Shadow: About what?
Amy: Well, since our wedding is coming up soon, I was wondering if you would like to be Cream's new father.
Shadow: Mm, of course I'd be honored to be Cream's father.
Amy: Thank you. (Holds Cream)

  After Amy adopted Cream, Shadow and Amy got married, and Shadow then later adopted Cream. Amy began to open her own Café, while Shadow stays home to take care of Cream after working at the G.U.N, even though Amy always takes her to work. Then nine months late, Amy gave birth to a baby hedgehog girl named Maria, and then two years later a hedgehog boy named Ray. Shadow and Amy always made sure to have enough love for their three kids and spend for time with them as always.