How did Sonic meet Tails?

Sonic and his siblings always loved to hear stories about how his parents fought for the freedom of Mobotropolis against Robotnik. So, he and his siblings teamed up with the royal Acorns along with Mobians and became known as the New Freedom Fighters, since Robotnik has returned as Eggman. Sometimes Sonic would go on solo missions by himself, since he doesn't want any of his friends or loved ones to get hurt. Then one day, when he was on a mission to check out information's about Eggman's abandon placed, he heard the cry of a baby, and noticed it was a two tailed baby fox.

Sonic: Hey there little guy. What are you doing here all alone, and where's your parents?
Baby Fox: ...
Sonic: Egghead must have captured you and left you behind when he abandons this place. That's no good. I should probably take you to HQ so that my Uncle Chuckle can do some test results on you. (Picks the Baby Fox up)
Baby Fox: (Scared)
Sonic: Its okay, little buddy, I won't hurt you. In the meantime, I'll have to keep an eye on you, until I found your family, and since I don't know what your real name is, I'll just call you "Tails." You like that?
Tails: (Hugs Sonic)
Sonic: Hmm. I have a feeling that we are going to be fast friends.

      After Sir Charles, did some test results on Tails, it turns out he was born with two tails, and Eggman captured him after the death of his parents. Sonic didn't want Tails to grow up without a family, so he decided to welcome Tails into his family and raised him as his own son.