xix

-
(mw)

I'd spent the past three nights at Cal and Harry's flat, the two of them insisting it was okay, and that they'd rather me stay than be lonely. The two of them, as well as the rest of the boys, Talia and Freya had been planning on going out, which caused Harry to be persistent on me going.

"We're leaving in ten," he had knocked on the door, the spare room door that id been sleeping in. I'd nodded, finishing up the last bit of makeup i'd been doing, before I left to join them both by the front door.

The three of us had gotten an Uber to the club they all decided on, neither of them letting me help to pay.

I'd happily ran over to Talia and Freya, Ellie and Faith being sat with the two of them also.

"Look at you!" Ellie cheered as I somewhat ran over to them, the best I could in the heels I wore. I smiled brightly at her, pulling her into a hug with a tight squeeze.

"Girl," I started, pulling away and holding onto her forearms, looking her up and down. "You look fire." Ellie smiled, stepping away so I could hug the other three girls.

"Feels like I haven't seen you in years," Faith commented, sipping on a cocktail through a fancy straw that sat in her glass. I laughed, shaking my head, taking the drink from Harry that he'd ordered for me.

"I've been at Harry's," I told them, Freya raising her eyebrows in surprise. "Not for that reason, my flat's just lonely."

She nodded, taking a sip before speaking up. "Yeah. You're always welcome to ours as well you know."

"Ours too," Talia said, giving me a short smile. "I don't know how i'd feel about staying at an ex's house."

I shrugged, looking over at the boy who was sitting with the rest of the boys, a table over. He was laughing, his head thrown back with a pint glass sitting in front of him.

"We're good," I informed them, looking back towards them, Freya with a smile sitting on her face as she listened to me talk. "There's no bad blood."

"Has anything happened?" Faith asked me, eyebrows wiggling slightly, emphasising what exactly she meant by 'anything.'

I shook my head, "no." Faith sighed, clearly disappointed. "I mean, we've had a cuddle a few times, nothing more than that."

"Boring," The girl commented, giving me an eye roll. I, along with the other two girls laughed. "Seriously, I'd be all over it."

"There was a point when we nearly kissed," I told her, a giddy smile raising on her face. "But I feel like it'd be weird. What if he doesn't want it at all anymore?"

Freya and Talia both shook their heads. "Mil, he loves you."

I shrugged, circling my drink with my straw. "I don't know-"

"I do," Talia interrupted me. "He was gassing you up to Simon at Halloween, apparently wouldn't shut up about how good he thought you looked."

I smiled at the thought of him still thinking about me like that, even though he'd seemed to be moody that night with me.

"Lux was telling Ethan that he was complaining about that boy," Faith said, waving a hand around as she attempted to remember his name. "Spider-man?"

"Oh," I laughed, "Joseph."

She pointed a finger at me, "that's the one. Apparently he didn't like how close you looked."

Looking over at the boy, I noticed he was already watching, Ethan doing the same. Harry's cheeks reddened as he made eye contact with me, his head shaking while he looked away.