xxix

-
(mw)

My eyes instantly rolled as I read the email, not even knowing how Harry was going to react to the news- having to travel to Dubai, for at least a month.

He was showering, and I'd left the email to read until now, wanting to talk to him about it once i'd read all of the information.

Harry walked out, towel around his waist, with another smaller one in his hand to rub his hair dry. My eyes glanced up and down his body, a small smirk taking over his face as he caught me.

"Likey likey?" He asked, my cheeks reddening as he spoke. I flipped him off, looking back towards the laptop, sitting on my lap. "What's wrong?"

"Can you like, get dressed or something, I need to talk to you about something."

His eyes widened, grabbing some underwear and dropping the towel as he pulled them on. I'm assuming he was attempting to lighten the mood, when he slapped his ass playfully.

"Harry," I sighed, wanting to laugh, but not wanting to seem like the situation was funny. He huffed, then pulling on some jogging bottoms, before falling into the bed next to me.

"What's happened?" He asked me, a hand rubbing my leg, tickling me as he did. "Scaring me a bit."

"So, i've had an email from work," I started, the boy groaning and throwing his head back. "I know, but it's work and-"

"Where now?" He asked bitterly. I frowned at a Harry, my hand running through his hair. He had laid his head on my shoulder.

"Dubai," I began, he sat up, shaking his head at me. "Harry, it's my job, I can't live if you won't let me work."

"You can live with me, me and Cal alone make enough-" Harry attempted to reason, rushing his words quickly out.

"No," I stopped him. "That's not fair and you know it, it's only a month-"

The two of us continued to interrupt each other. "A month?"

I nodded, "A month."

"Absolutely not," he scoffed. "This is why we went through everything we did in the first place Millie!" He stressed, standing up from the bed. "We've just got it going again."

"My God," I huffed; slamming the laptop shut and looking at Harry. He paced pack and forward across my bedroom, looking beyond stressed. "It's how I make my living. You wouldn't see me stopping you from doing Youtube."

"That's different-" 

"How?" I asked instantly. Harry spluttered out a few words, none of them making any sense. "Tell me how and I'll consider."

"You don't see me leaving you for months Mil," He sighed. He pushed some hair back from his head, before stuffing it into one of his pockets. "It's shit."

"I know," I said softly, standing from the bed and walking over to him. Harry looked at me with sadness in his eyes as I neared him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "It's hard on my end too."

"Do you have to go?" He asked, hands playing with the ends of my hair. "Like seriously?"

I nodded, causing Harry to huff again and pull my arms from his neck.

"If you're not willing to accept my job Harry, it isn't gonna work," I spoke, tears threatening in my eyes. He looked at me wide eyed, "I love my job, okay? And I'm not gonna let you stop me."

"What do you mean?"

"You either let me do my job, or you need to find someone who's willing to sit around and do nothing, just so they're around."

"I know you love it," he groaned. "But I don't love you not being around more than you are around. It's fucking shit-"

"Leave then," I shrugged, cheeks red with tears. I wiped them away though, his eyes softening. "I'm sorry, and I love you, but i'm not letting anyone be in the way of my future."

"Will you stop saying that!" He shouted, pointing at me. I felt myself jump slightly, his change in tone catching me off guard. "I accept you, job or no job. I just don't know why there isn't a way to figure it out."

"Well you can come to Dubai-"

"I'll have to miss filming-"

"Well don't come then. I don't know Harry, I don't know any other ways."

"A month? Is that what you said?" He asked me, voice now softer, cracking from tears almost. He didn't let any drop though. I nodded, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth as I looked up at him. "I can come for the last two weeks, I think. I mean, I can't promise-"

I laughed, something between a sob and happiness falling from it. I practically jumped back up from the bed, wrapping my arms back around him, the boy almost tumbling backwards.

"That's fine!" I cheered, pulling away and cupping his cheeks. He smiled sadly at me as I pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Just for you," he muttered, pressing a long kiss to my head, before pulling me further into his body, a heavy breath leaving his lips.

-